RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: A prayer for the USS Gerald R. Ford and crew, etc.

Moderator Emeritus

A prayer for the USS Gerald R. Ford and crew, etc.

Gentlemen, I was once a sailor for a while, and it's difficult or maybe even impossible for those who've never sailed on a warship to fully understand or appreciate the feelings a man can have for his ship. But there really IS a very special and unique feeling sailors DO have for the ship they sail on. In my own case, we decommissioned my ship when we got back to San Diego, and I was really pretty surprised at the sorrow I felt as we decommissioned her. Fighting ships really do have their own special meaning for those who serve on her, and if it saves their lives, also for those who finally realize the importance they really have as floating and mobile representations of our beloved country, and all it's supposed to stand for. Imagine yourself being an oppressed, abused people, who are being put upon by those who mean them harm. What a wondrous thing to hear, that a US Navy fighting ship is on the way! It's salvation, hopefully, headed for the rescue of you and all you love and hold dear! They also strike fear and caution in the hearts of our enemies, too, and that can never be anything but good for us all.

So if you will, please join me in praying for the USS Gerald R. Ford, and all who helped see her come to life today, and all who sail upon and serve her.

Lord, thank you for the mighty USS Gerald R. Ford, and all her capabilities. Thank you for all the men and women whose hands helped shape her and make her all she is. Thank you for those in our Congress and their helpers who provided the funding to build her. Thank you for the leaders of our strong and diligent Navy who will man and control her, and direct her on her missions. Thank you for a good President who pushed through the last measures to bring her to life. Thank you for all this and so very much more. Thank you most of all for a nation who at least once paid homage to you, for without you, all is for naught, and is in vain.

I pray humbly and earnestly that you will bless this ship, and all who man her and serve her, that she might represent your will and receive your blessings in the process. She is intended to go in harm's way, and we pray a special blessing that you will protect her, and shield her from harm. Bless this mighty ship, and use her as an extension of your will, that relative peace might prevail in this realm, and help us all to learn to live without war, if possible. And when not possible, guide her with your loving and mighty hand, and let her prevail in all her endeavors. Bless all who sail upon her, and all our other ships of the Navy, and keep them within your bosom, and guide and protect and touch them, one and all.

Lord, you have given us a great blessing today - a mighty ship to protect us, and defend us when and if necessary. We thank you, oh Lord, and raise our praise to you for this great blessing. We honor you and praise you for giving us this great gift. May your name always be praised and honored, and your will be done, for the entire length of her service and existence. Thank you, and Amen.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Well done Dennis
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them.

Prayers sent
    Last edited by DCP; 07-23-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: can't spell
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent.

Thank you Dennis for bringing this here. A proud moment yesterday at the commissioning of the USS Gerald R Ford. I join all in this prayer.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

God Bless those who serve on USS Gerald Ford.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Banned

Completely agree with every post in this thread.
    God Bless and God Speed

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Dennis , you did well to bring this here .

Lord bless and protect all that serve to protect us . Watch over them Lord and keep them safe from harm . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen to all the above
    Being human is not for sissies.