Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply PBcastco
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you suppose you are immune?

Banned

^^^
    Your posts seem as if they came right out of the Unabomber's cabin.
    Is it not axiomatic that "we should obey God and not man?"
    You seem to think you are the sole arbitor of what churches should do.
    How about this name for your new church:
    "The Only Church That Obeys God and not Man and Celebrates Christmas and Easter the the dates Ordained by God."
    Yes or no???

Ickisrulz,

Do you believe this statement? yes/no

Matt 5:17-20
    17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Ickisrulz,

(Malachi 3:6) "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

If you believe the three statements there is no room to argue, if you do not, what is your motive?

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=claude;4107233]Ickisrulz,

(Malachi 3:6) "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

If you believe the three statements there is no room to argue, if you do not, what is your motive?[/QUOTE

Posting scriptures out of context does not make a convincing argument.

I don't think you have a good handle on the transition from the Old Testament to the New Testament. Gentiles are not required to become Jews or live like Jews. We are not required to keep the Passover (or the other two prescribed feasts) or get circumcised. Paul fought very hard against imposing Jewish requirements on the Gentile Christians.

Again, why are your posts so obnoxious?
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 07-23-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Questioning you is now classified as obnoxious?

The so called "lost ten tribes" still exist, and for the most part are the called Caucasian, or Saxon and are not gentiles, God never lost His people, so anything said to the people of Jacob is not out of context.

I understand that God requires obedience and always has, always will.

You seem to believe my questions are objectionable, and my insistence that what God says is what He means is odious.

Please have a good day Ickisrulz, I'll leave you with the last word, perhaps it will make you feel as though you have won something, I don't know.

I do know that the animosity shown in this post proves the original assumption, strict adherence to truth seems unwelcome. You're welcome to spin that off in any manner you choose, there will be no rejoinder because there is no point. The points are already made for those who wish to see.

Adieu

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Boils down to "My way or the highway"!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Moderator Emeritus

Gee whiz, guys! Stating one's honest interpretation of the Bible is NOT "obnoxious." It's what is simply done in discussing theological matters. And what one believes is NOT incumbent upon others to accept. This is the root of all EFFECTIVE theological discussion, and I'd think we all know this. But we all come to the board here in different moods, and with different attitudes, often if not usually dependent on how our day has gone up to the time we log on here.

Self-discipline ain't easy, but it's always worth it! And if Christians can't or won't debate issues, then ... just what good is our faith, really? If we allow ourselves to become SO caught up in our own reactions and egos, that we can't allow a little room for the next person's convictions, how can or should we expect THEM to allow for OURS????

C'mon, guys! We can all do better than this. I wont' suggest you guys kiss and make up, but a simple handshake and a little respect for each other, despite your divergent understandings, would seem to be in order here. It's the Christian thing to do, is it not?

Banned
    Romans 11:33-36 "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
    How unsearchable his judgments,
    and his paths beyond tracing out!
    'Who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has been his counselor?'
    'Who has ever given to God,
    that God should repay him?'
    For from him and through him and to him are all things.
    To him be the glory forever! Amen."
    I had a friend come to me who was thoroughly discouraged. He said, "I just saw convincing proof that the Bible was a product of men's work, not God's" He then said, "doesn't that bother you?" "Gary" I said, "I do not believe in God because of the Bible but I believe in the Bible because of God." That statement just popped into my head. Perhaps by the Spirit.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Gee whiz, guys! Stating one's honest interpretation of the Bible is NOT "obnoxious."
    No, Blackwater, stating one's opinion is not "obnoxious" nor is asking an honest question, asking for clarification or even asking if I'd considered another point. But I took some of the language in post #18 to be over the top and accusatory. Specifically this part:

"You keep using this "reason" you're so proud of, well "reason" this, God set the rules, not me, God says obey my commands, not me, God demands obedience, not me. If you can't grasp that, you are wasting your time as well as mine, and disregarding truth."

I'll discuss anything anyone wants to talk about and give my opinion. I'll go back and forth as many times as someone would like. If you notice, I try to be as respectful as I find possible. But what I don't like is when I am told I am not listening to God or I'm doing Satan's work when I don't agree with someone's off the wall interpretation or claim.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 08-02-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12