MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven."

—Matthew 18:19

During World War II, a group of American pilots known as the Flying Tigers downed nearly 300 enemy aircraft between December 1941, and July 1942. Their commander, Claire Lee Chennault, said the secret of their success was cooperation. They always attacked two at a time.

Roman soldiers also knew there was power in unity. When a barrage of flaming arrows came their way, they would hunker down and link their shields overhead and on all sides, effectively forming a box. After the arrows hit, they would stand up and resume marching.

Christians who go through temptation, hardship, despair, or doubt sometimes will isolate themselves. They think, “I don’t want to share this with anyone. They would think I’m not a strong Christian. I don’t want to tell anyone I’m being tempted by this.”

Instead, they should go to their Christian friends and say, “Will you pray for me? I’m under attack right now.”

As believers, we should be working together and praying together. Jesus said, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven” (Matthew 18:19). There is power in united prayer.

When James was put to death and Peter was arrested, what did the early church do? We read that “constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church” (Acts 12:5). They prayed constantly. They prayed together. We need to do the same. That is putting our shields together.

You are not alone in this spiritual battle. You have Christian brothers and sisters who are marching with you. We are all in this battle together. Pull together with your fellow soldiers and lock shields as you march forward in the spiritual battle to which God has called
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Very encouraging, thank you rl.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Good one RL, and a great reminder.

Boolit Master

Very good reminder of the power of corporate prayer. Sometimes we resort to prayer after the situation has gotten bad instead of "mustering our forces" as soon as the problems start to happen. I am getting better but still need to take my own advice at times. We have a prayer chain within our Sunday School class and we use it often for each other. We have seen God do some mighty things for us when we join with each other in prayer.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

Amen.

Boolit Master
    We who have our eyes open, see God doing things for us that we arn't capable of doing for ourselves! God is good all the time! Amen!

This is something to think on, thank you!

Moderator Emeritus

Aaaaaamen! Wonderful post, RL. So much truth in that, but in a world where concern about self is the recommendation of the "society" today, it's so easy to slip back into what we see all around us, rather than harken to the Lord's words and will for us. But it's always WORTH it to go the way the Lord wants us to go, rather than the one the world expects us to go. The world doesn't care about us, but the Lord always does. And always has. Pretty easy to see which is the better way to go, isn't it?