Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataPBcastco
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: MiHec Brass 358429 HP/ Aluminum 8 Cavity 358429 Keith SWC - RERUN

Boolit Master
    In some 357s that will be necessary, yes. In the group buy results section I posted an n frame that is barely able to use them in 357 brass when crimped in the groove. I suspect non-recessed guns may have the most luck.

It is well known that this is an occurrence with this bullet and the n frames of the day. It's not a failing of the design but rather just how it is. Even Elmer Keith stated a few times it might be a little long.

Load it in 38 brass and pretend it's a 38-44 if you don't want to crimp in the front or it won't fit. That s what Elmer did.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Echd View Post
    In some 357s that will be necessary, yes. In the group buy results section I posted an n frame that is barely able to use them in 357 brass when crimped in the groove. I suspect non-recessed guns may have the most luck.

It is well known that this is an occurrence with this bullet and the n frames of the day. It's not a failing of the design but rather just how it is. Even Elmer Keith stated a few times it might be a little long.

Load it in 38 brass and pretend it's a 38-44 if you don't want to crimp in the front or it won't fit. That s what Elmer did.
    I was casting this one last night, built up a blank and i can see in my lever that ill have to push it below the groove and crimp on the band. No big deal for me, more land area for the bore to ride through....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910