WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: most accurate 44 cal boolit

Banned

It depends I guess. If rolling beer cans at 25 yards is you goal. A bullet like the 429421 or the 250k 250kt 245kt all work just fine and are accurate enough for most hunting. If your goal is the best accuracy possible id go to a gas checked design. my favorite is the rcbs 240swcgc. two other great ones are the 429244 and the 429215. If you want heaver the lbt 280 lfngc has been great as has the ballistic cast 300 lfngc. I wont get into the "i get just as good accuracy with a pb bullet argument" Yes ive gotten some guns to shoot real well with plain based bullets but it usually takes at least twice the load development if in fact I do find a load like that. The 240 rcbs has been flat out accurate in every 44 I own and I think you could throw about any powder and primer you wanted in a case and it would at least do as well as any of the plain based bullets.

I've had great results with my Old Lee 429 209gr RN !! From my super blackhawk in the 70s to my 44 Trapper in 1994 to my Contender This year !!! I've shot other bullets but keep coming back to this old mold!!!! The .44 is #1 on my shooting list!!!! When I was a young guy ! to walk the mountain trails
    hands free with my 44 Super Blackhawk was bliss !!!! I've taken more Deer with that hand gun !!!! Way Cool Caliber to own!!!

Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123