Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Therefore He says: 'Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.' "

—Ephesians 5:14

The Bible tells the story of Samson, who had incredible potential that was largely wasted. His extraordinary physical strength was given to him as a gift from God. He also had the Lord’s blessing on his life. Samson could have been one of the greatest leaders in the history of Israel, but instead his life, in effect, became an example of how not to live.

Samson was a he-man with a she-weakness. When we think of Samson, our mind usually goes to Delilah and how she cut off his hair and his strength was gone. In reality, it was a series of small compromises that ultimately led to his demise with Delilah. He lost touch with God. Then he fell asleep with his head in Delilah’s lap. Talk about sleeping with the enemy.

I fear there are many in the church today who, like Samson, are asleep when danger is imminent. Some have grown complacent and lackadaisical. They’re kicking back and taking it easy.

Maybe the devil looks at them and says, “Why bother? They’re no threat to me. They’re just sitting there on the sidelines, preoccupied with themselves. They don’t care about living a godly life. Why bother with them? They’re already where I want them.”

That is how it is with far too many Christians today. They’re immobilized. They’re sterile. They’re right where the devil wants them, so he doesn’t bother them.

However, if you were to say, “I’m facing conflict. I’m facing temptation,” that would be an indication that you’re moving in the right direction as a Christian.

While it’s true there is a devil who is powerful and tries to trip us up, it is also true that our Commander in Chief ultimately will lead us to victory if we stay close to Him.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Like the Bible talks about sheep and how they wander away from their shepherd....one nibble at a time....compromise that exposes us to further temptations is the blade of grass for us.....Thanks Ronnie for the Bible study on this beautiful day! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Well said sir, very well said.

The battle rages, but most sleep through it.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good lesson rl69 ...thank you for bringing it here .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

More strong meat! Thanks RL.