MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's see the....

Boolit Master
    Hopkins and Allen underhammer .58. Have some 58 cal 600 gr flatnose mines. Hoping to get a shot at a bear.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4127[1].jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	200536

My .62 smoothbore or my .50 flintlock long rifle which can't be posted since Puke Bucket is holding half my photos hostage for a $400 ransom.

[![PICT0586-2 (1).jpg](https://s20.postimg.org/aip2ae1el/PI...ge/gwe5dn6ah/)
    Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanshi View Post
    My .62 smoothbore or my .50 flintlock long rifle which can't be posted since Puke Bucket is holding half my photos hostage for a $400 ransom.

[![PICT0586-2 (1).jpg](https://s20.postimg.org/aip2ae1el/PI...ge/gwe5dn6ah/)
    Which rifle was in the pic? Looks like a nice big doe!

Too bad photobucket did what it did. I have pics on there-not many-but who knows if I'll be able to get them off without paying the ransom.

In Remembrance
    Hanshi and Taco, you can download your pictures off PhotoBucket back to your computer. Click on the photo to make it bigger, right click and "save as" will send it to your pictures. I have done most of mine that weren't in "My Pictures" or on SD cards. There are a bunch of free photo hosting sites; I am using Flickr now.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Boolit Buddy
    I just acquired this in a trade so I may break away from traditional to give this a try. Of course the synthetic stock will go on!

Boolit Master

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Fly

Boolit Master
    Well maybe this one instead!

Fly

Banned
    use a new photo server. Photobucket wants $400 a year to post pics on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mazo kid View Post
    Hanshi and Taco, you can download your pictures off PhotoBucket back to your computer. Click on the photo to make it bigger, right click and "save as" will send it to your pictures. I have done most of mine that weren't in "My Pictures" or on SD cards. There are a bunch of free photo hosting sites; I am using Flickr now.
    Thanks mazo! Fortunately I don't have much on PB and most of it is very old motorcycle riding pics when I rode dual sports in the desert.

Boolit Master
    I will be in the world of make believe this elk season. Sitting on the porch making believe I am hunting elk with my 54 cal. renegade. I have better odds hitting an elk with a truck than getting drawn in n.m.

Boolit Buddy
    Will try the .50 this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .50 90gr. FF, patched ball,offhand, 50 yrds..jpg  

I sold my 20 ga H&R Ultra slug when the prices went stupid high...the added benefit being it forced me to go 100% Muzzleloader with little option for going back to slugs. I had an appointment with Mr. Rayl to bore a Renegade up to .58 cal, but to my disappointment he preferred to start with a .50 cal and all my spare barrels are .54 cal. I believe that I have found a .50 cal worthy of sending to Mr. Rayl (after buying a .50 cal that was not, but that is another story), however I'm uncertain if it will be done in time for whitetail deer season this late in the year.

My standby is a .54 cal Renegade...still working up a load, but initial shots put 3 in a #5 cast iron pan at 50 yards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20170624_182826.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	200845
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

That kinda surprises me about a .50 to rebore to .58.
    The TC rifling is so shallow that my .52 x 28" twist flinter Renegade began life as an old .50.

Very beautiful rifle, mazo kid. The gun in my last post is my .62 smoothbore; it hits like Thor's hammer. I can't access any photos on PB so I can't click anything. I'll try to post a pic of my LL longrifle .45; which has taken most of my deer. If it's the wrong pic or nonsensical, Ill try to delete it.

Don't know how this garbage showed up and I can't delete it either!

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    That kinda surprises me about a .50 to rebore to .58.
    The TC rifling is so shallow that my .52 x 28" twist flinter Renegade began life as an old .50.
    I will attempt to explain it better. On occasion when going from .54 to .58 his reamer has gulled or binded on the existing rifling causing it to rip or tear the metal rather than cut it smoothly. He said he would do the work, but recommended I start with .50 and go to .58 to avoid the rare issue. If the barrel indeed ends up ripped, torn or pitted from the reaming process, then the end product of being re-rifled is greatly effected. I know my luck and how Murphy's Law effects me from time to time, so I chose to take his advise and look for a .50 cal to start off the project. Don't get me wrong, the good Lord has blessed me and my family in many ways. When it comes to the little things, I make every attempt not to contribute to potential issues or failures.

Hopefully, that explains it better and is more in line with how explained it to me. Mr. Rayl is an interesting fellow to talk too.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Hanshi's pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0586-2_1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	200930

That does make sense. Maybe in the case of my .50 to .52 conversion the TC shallow rifling depth (coupled with the smaller working diameter) made it insignificant as to how the reamer behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by waarp8nt View Post
    I will attempt to explain it better. On occasion when going from .54 to .58 his reamer has gulled or binded on the existing rifling causing it to rip or tear the metal rather than cut it smoothly. He said he would do the work, but recommended I start with .50 and go to .58 to avoid the rare issue. If the barrel indeed ends up ripped, torn or pitted from the reaming process, then the end product of being re-rifled is greatly effected. I know my luck and how Murphy's Law effects me from time to time, so I chose to take his advise and look for a .50 cal to start off the project. Don't get me wrong, the good Lord has blessed me and my family in many ways. When it comes to the little things, I make every attempt not to contribute to potential issues or failures.

Hopefully, that explains it better and is more in line with how explained it to me. Mr. Rayl is an interesting fellow to talk too.

Boolit Mold
    Here is a TOW Southern Mountain Rifle.45 I just finished I cant seem to get pics to post. https://ibb.co/euSWga https://ibb.co/gyhQ7F

Boolit Buddy
    Nice rifle flyrod!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast