WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Ammo!!!!!!

Boolit Buddy

Lots of Ammo!!!!!!

Was in Sportman's Warehouse in Casper Wyoming last weekend and could not believe the 22 ammo they had. 22 Shorts, longs and all kinds of long rifles. I think we had better stock up in the next 2 years before the silly season starts.

Art

In Remembrance

Local Walmart had lots of 22 rf today. Not bad prices either.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Saw some Winchester white box 22 lr for 6.2 cents per round in a Zanders add today, case lot 6 -500's for $186+ change & shipping I suppose. They were in special little wood boxes, so cute
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

You are correct, the "silly season" will return. And it will be worse than last time.

I pointed out to my wife a few months back that Bud's Gun shop had 5k cases of my favorite ammo on sale for something like 6.2 cents each including shipping. She said "want to go halves on it?"

I said you bet, best deal I heard all week.

"Part of the reason I did not want to shoot often was I did not want to run you out of .22lr ammo"

Dear, you'd have to shoot 20 times more than you are before that would be a problem.

But the upshot is that I am sitting on at least 10k rounds of .22lr. Mostly Federal with some older CCI Mini mag HP's.

Feels good to have a nice stash.

I am sitting on 45,000 rounds of 22lr and can barely keep myself from ordering another couple cases. The problem is that recently I decided to return to shooting still challenge in the open rimfire rifle and rimfire pistol divisions. Every match eats up 400+ rounds. Right now I am shooting just one match a month but I think I am going to up that to 3 matches per month, or two matches and two practice sessions. So the consumption will increase to 1,500 to 2,000 rounds per month. 45,000 rounds is not looking like as much ammo as it did when I was just sitting on it not shooting any.

It's been so long since I shot a 22 rimfire, that I don't care if I ever shoot one again, I've moved on to other guns. As far as I'm concerned, the manufacturer's can stick their 22's where the sun don't shine...

Super Moderator

Not only is it available, but the prices are getting back in line. I scored a bunch of 22 Mag at nearly the prices of the "old days". I'll continue shooting my 22 rimfires...love em'.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    It's been so long since I shot a 22 rimfire, that I don't care if I ever shoot one again, I've moved on to other guns. As far as I'm concerned, the manufacturer's can stick their 22's where the sun don't shine...
    kinda my opinion too now that we see the stock "suddenly" appearing again. I've got enough to get my son started on his shooting career in a few years, I'll continue to enjoy my 38's in place of it though. Might be I could finally take the ar15-22 out and give it a good time.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Stock up! being the pessimist I am in about 2-3 years the new rush will begin.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Stock up! being the pessimist I am in about 2-3 years the new rush will begin.
    regardless of the political climate I can see some marketing guru's pushing a new panic in a few years. If nothing else a manufactured shortage will increase prices again temporarily.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I'm glad the supply is picking up but I doubt I'll ever buy much of it anymore. I'll certainly never stand in line to get it as we had to do when the shortage was so severe. I sold most of my 22s and haven't shot one in a long time - I can cast and load centerfire for what a 22 round costs and have much more fun. All of the jacked up prices, hoarding, etc. of 22 ammo just turned me off to it. Yeo , , , I know . . . all the more for you guys to shoot! LOL

I'm glad to see the availability is getting better. As for the price, I'm still not at the point of buying anytime soon. As with many here, I went the route of the 38 Special to cover my recreational shooting.

Now that the major retailers see what people are willing to give for .22 LR's, I'm not sure we'll see the prices fall too much lower than they are currently. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see myself paying more than $20 per 500 bulk.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    x2
    although i have 1500 rounds+/- (22lr), i like to use my 20 vartarg alot more. gun stores around my place go for(cheap ones like federal, remington, etc) $30-$40/for 500 rounds. i don't know what the premium rounds go for.

Quote Originally Posted by lawboy View Post
    I am sitting on 45,000 rounds of 22lr and can barely keep myself from ordering another couple cases. The problem is that recently I decided to return to shooting still challenge in the open rimfire rifle and rimfire pistol divisions. Every match eats up 400+ rounds. Right now I am shooting just one match a month but I think I am going to up that to 3 matches per month, or two matches and two practice sessions. So the consumption will increase to 1,500 to 2,000 rounds per month. 45,000 rounds is not looking like as much ammo as it did when I was just sitting on it not shooting any.
    Wow!! I thought I was in tall cotton with a stash of 2,500 rounds. I'd have to take out a second mortgage in order to catch up to you!

Boolit Master
    I was in a new gun store, they had cases of Fed Auto match for $15 a box of 325. I got 4 boxes, now I have 10 total.

Boolit Master
    I was at my local Walmart today and bought cci standard velocity for $3.49/50. I asked the clerk for my limit of 3 boxes and he told me there was no longer a limit. They had plenty on the shelf as he said and had plenty more coming. I think the market is returning to normal. BTW 3.49 was the same price I gave for this load pre Sandy hook.

Ebner

Boolit Master

lol people sitting on 45k rnds and folks still think the manufacturers were holding back. sad thing is you know there are plenty of folks out there that have way way more than 45k rnds. the ammo is becoming more available as the democratic panic subsides, and the prices are leveling out. doesnt hurt to have some put away if things get ugly again.

Boolit Buddy
    After reading this I had to stop at my local Wally World for my meds so I looked in the sporting goods section. I got 5 100 rnd boxes of Winchester copper plated power point 22lr for $6.92 a box. So by the time the governor and the rest got through dipping their beaks it worked out to 7.50 per 100. Still not too bad. Oh for the days of .02 per shot. Wally World also had reloading components. Not a lot but it's a start. R19 was about 27/lb. So by the time you figure in tax it's close to Midway's prices plus shipping. I didn't see any primers but I wasn't looking that hard. I hope this is an ongoing change.

Boolit Buddy
    Just got 550 federal for $22.75 at wally world. Approx 0.04$ per round.

Been seeing the Federal boxes of 50 at my local Walmarts for $2.47. Plenty of them, too.

I'm being stubborn and waiting to see if CCI Blazer will fall under $25.00/500.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast