WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger American 450 bushmaster using Lee 310's (my 1st casts)group results...

Banned

2 inch is plenty good enough for anything your going to hunt with a 450. I'm happy to get that out of any of my 4570s I'm not shooting out past 200 yards with one anyway. My beo does moa and I haven't noticed one bit of advantage to that over my 4570s in the hunting field.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyOnThePaper View Post
    Tromix WAS making Socom barrels for the Mossberg MVP, which uses the standard AR magazine the 458 Socom was designed to feed from. Since the MVP uses a barrel nut similar to a Savage I'm pretty sure a barrel wouldn't be THAT expensive from somebody else.
    I know he made some samples but he never made any barrels for anyone to purchase. I was following that project closely and would have been first in line if he had produced barrels for sale. Unfortunately he decided he was probably going to loose $ and get stuck with some barrels so he never produced anything other than his personal proof of concept. I have his .300 BO barrel along with the action wrench for the MVP and they are great, would have loved to get an MVP in .458 SOCOM.

Boolit Mold
    Did some load development for my new 450 Bushmaster AR oddly enough they hit it right on the head 35.0 to 35.5 a little gun shot excellent one hole groups at 50 yards through a 20 inch barrel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Interest post guys about the 450 BM. I was going to get the new Ruger 450 BM but I already had 2 TC Encore rifle frames so I bought a 20" SS TC Encore factory barrel in 460 S&W. On the good side my son paid for the barrel. LOL
    Loading the Hornagy 225 gr I get 2650 FPS and one shot kills on deer at 75 yds which is the farest I've shot deer with it on my farm.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmanunited View Post
    Did some load development for my new 450 Bushmaster AR oddly enough they hit it right on the head 35.0 to 35.5 a little gun shot excellent one hole groups at 50 yards through a 20 inch barrel

My Gawd: What's not to like there? That is pretty decent accuracy with that thumper.

What is the recoil like?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Mold
    Quite manageable with the factory muzzle brake that is currently installed on it. I would say a 410 shotgun with 2 and 3/4 slug type impulse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123