MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 35 remington or 35 Whelen?

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for all the replies. I ended up going with a 3030. I spent a lot of time going over loading data, and googly searches. The 35 rem is a fine cartridge, but it just wasn't enough more fine to beat a 3030 for me. I found a pre-safety Marlin 3030 for $375 with a 4x weaver scope on it. Picked up 170 rds of Federal Classic and Rem Cor-lok 150 gr ammo for $60. The rifle was in amazing shape for what I think it's age may be. I just couldn't walk away from the deal. Some powders allow me to up the power factor a bit so I don't think I'm going to be under gunned for my purposes. Plus I just really like the rifle. Old enough to have the action worked in, and it has character. Thank you for all your opinions. It's always a pleasure talking on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. I ended up going with a 3030. I spent a lot of time going over loading data, and googly searches. The 35 rem is a fine cartridge, but it just wasn't enough more fine to beat a 3030 for me. I found a pre-safety Marlin 3030 for $375 with a 4x weaver scope on it. Picked up 170 rds of Federal Classic and Rem Cor-lok 150 gr ammo for $60. The rifle was in amazing shape for what I think it's age may be. I just couldn't walk away from the deal. Some powders allow me to up the power factor a bit so I don't think I'm going to be under gunned for my purposes. Plus I just really like the rifle. Old enough to have the action worked in, and it has character. Thank you for all your opinions. It's always a pleasure talking on this forum.
    Yeah, a screaming great deal like that will outshine a ballistics chart -- congrats.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Boolit Master
    You did well! Deer dont read ballistic charts
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12