RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Anyone loading for a Glock 21 with a Lone Wolf Long Slide

Anyone loading for a Glock 21 with a Lone Wolf Long Slide

I am wondering if anyone is loading for a Glock 21 with a lone wolf long slide, and would be willing to share what works for you.

Cast or Jacketed either one.

Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gsdelong View Post
    I am wondering if anyone is loading for a Glock 21 with a lone wolf long slide, and would be willing to share what works for you.

Cast or Jacketed either one.

Thanks
    I have loaded both cast and jacketed as well as plated. All work fine, as for accuracy I get 2-2.5" groups @ 25yds. Are you looking for specific loads? I find any losd that is good in my standard G21 shoots just as well with the LS.

Quote Originally Posted by 475AR View Post
    I have loaded both cast and jacketed as well as plated. All work fine, as for accuracy I get 2-2.5" groups @ 25yds. Are you looking for specific loads? I find any losd that is good in my standard G21 shoots just as well with the LS.
    I am having problems with the slide cycling fully, the slide does not lock back on the last round, and about 50% of the time the slide needs a tap on the back to fully seat home.

I have no problem with the first shot where I manually pull the slide back to chamber a round

Everything passes an EGW chamber checker so I am thinking that I need to load hotter to fully cycle the action

All loads shoot fine in 20 or 1911

Boolit Buddy
    I am having problems with the slide cycling fully, the slide does not lock back on the last round, and about 50% of the time the slide needs a tap on the back to fully seat home.

I have no problem with the first shot where I manually pull the slide back to chamber a round

Everything passes an EGW chamber checker so I am thinking that I need to load hotter to fully cycle the action

All loads shoot fine in 20 or 1911
    What recoil spring are you using? I think 17 or 18lb is standard weight but not 100% on that. Also is your slide solid top or cut out, are you using iron sights or red dot? It may just be the slide heavy and you need a lighter recoil spring? My slide has the cutout and I used a factory weight spring.

I the solid top slide with the melt in mount red dot, I thought I got the spring that Lone Wolf recommended I will check.

Thanks for the help

I would think that any load that worked in a G21 would run in a long slide version.

Have you tried any Factory Ammo? If it won't run with that then you have got a real problem.

I'd try that first and then work up loads to similar performance.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Hi,i have a g21 w/ the lone wolf longslide.I'm running mine w/a 20lb. spring.I has a heck of a time getting mine to feed anything but ball ammo for around the first 1000 rds now it will feed my cast bullets from the Lee 160 gr. rnfp to the Lee 230gr. tc.Mine would need a tap to the back of the slide or it would jam against the ramp.I find it very accurate and great to shoot now,it just needed a break in period i guess.I use powder coated cast bullets exclusively now with no issues.I'm using a 160gr. rnfp,200gr. swc and a 230gr. tc. My preference in powder is red dot but it's hard to come by up here right now.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Thanks for the continued input

Does anyone know the purpose of the magical washer Lone Wolf provides for the long slides?

Thanks for the continued input

Does anyone know the purpose of the magical washer Lone Wolf provides for the long slides?
    it's to keep the spring on the guide rod.mine is the same.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by smorin2 View Post
    it's to keep the spring on the guide rod.mine is the same.
    ***If ordering a LWD-GRA2021 for a long slide conversion, please put in the order notes so we can include a polymer washer***

Are we talking about the same one?

yes,it's the same one.you'll need a metal guide rod w/spring,the plastic washer goes on the end of the guide rod.
    ​Je suis Charlie