Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Gods Timing

Boolit Man

Gods Timing

Friday and Saturday we had a big yard sale. My wife has one about every 2 yrs, and many people in out town are repeat ''customers'', loll. Its a time when we both see people we may have not seen for quite some time. We rekindle friendships, and have a good time visiting, and discussing yard sale items. Everyone looks forward to my wife's sale. She has nice clean , pressed clothing, beautiful glass items, about any thing you could want, or need, and all in great usable condition. Its her ''hobby'', and my wife always say's its a form of fellowship. We have a very good some what up front, out spoken lady here in town, she posts on the ''letters to the editor'' in the home town and out of town papers. Its about politics, religion, and whats going on with the town, as well as the state and nation, she is normally spot on, and very correct with her observations. I look forward to seeing her name on the letters to the editor.

During the yard sale, my wife and she were talking, wife asked how she felt. The lady is 80, she said, ''I'm in a lot of pain, and I'm ready to meet my maker''. They talked a little more, laughed and she went home. We were just told by our daughter. This wonderful, woman passed away in her daughters arms with a massive heart attack. It don't get better than that, she was ready, and told people. My wife has felt very blessed to have talked to her each time she see's her, yesterday was especially special, Gods Timing is amazing!

Please have her family in your prayers, thank you.
    Last edited by ARKLITE881South; 07-16-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Perma-Banned

Thanks for sharing this.

Prayer sent.

Boolit Master

His timing indeed perfect even at those times when we disagree. Will pray for her family.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    I have a good friend in her 80s that says the same thing. She says she had to be real careful who she tells this to, because her family gets so upset with her for saying it! Lord, we better ALL be ready, after all, life is finite!

What a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.

Boolit Grand Master
    Thank you for sharing.

It is sad to see the will to live ebb. But pain is a terrible thing to suffer constantly.
    Don Verna

Thank you, Ark, for sharing this. Prayers sent for the family.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In 37 years as a Pastor, I shared the experiences of hundreds of people as they entered their final time and then passed away. For people of faith, the experience of the lady shared above is the norm. For people with no faith it is often a very bad time, filled with fear, regret and anger.

In hundreds of funeral/memorial services, I have shared the following scripture from Revelation 21:2-7. John caught a glimpse of heaven and described what he saw and hear albeit in symbolic terms;

"And I saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God prepared as a bride adorned for her husband; and I heave a great voice from the throne saying. "Behold, the dwelling of God is with men. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them; he will wipe away every term from their eyes and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying, nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.

And he who sat upon the throne said, "Behold I make all things new" "Also he said, "Write this for these words are trustworthy and true." And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water without price from the fountain of life. He (She) who conquers shall have this heritage, and I will be his (her) God and he (she) shall be my son (daughter)."
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Ark, and you too, Char-Gar. Great post and commentary. I just had a valued old high school buddy pass away. He had a long, rugged path to walk in this life, and he was one of those people who had zero patience with others who expected him to live according to their beliefs. He wanted to know God, and all his life was a long, varied story of his seeking to understand the Lord, and trying to find the wherewithall to walk the walk. But he finally found it. He died of lung cancer in the local hospice center, which is a very good one. In life, we see many stories, like Char-Gar said, and each one CAN, if we let them, be an object lesson in how WE seek and follow God ourselves. I'm so glad my buddy PJ finally found the Lord, and he passed, just as Char-Gar said, peacefully. He simply accepted God's will rather than his own, and that's one masteful representation of just how deep our faith truly is. My Mom and Dad both passed very peacefully, if not almost anxiously. It was a VERY moving experience for me to watch and be a part of. "Greater faith hath no man than that he lay down his life for another," but I think it's equally as much a demonstration of faith to lay down and die, and commit fully to God's will, at the end of our own lifes. What greater act of faith could we demonstrate?