RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death warmed over....

Boolit Master

Death warmed over....

I've acquired some sort of skin infection on my chest and right thigh. Went to see the doctor on Thursday and got started on some antibiotics. Both sites are larger than they were on Thursday and I've been feeling like death warmed over this weekend. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow and see if we can't figure out what's going on. Today I'm feeling weak as a kitten.

It sucks to get old.

On a good note my buddy dropped off the Star Lubrisizer yesterday along with some dies. I'll need to get some flat top punches for it before I can use it though.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Had a similar problem a year ago. Dr. prescribed minocycline. Took about three weeks to notice a difference. After a couple of months the side effects kicked in and I took myself off of it, but it had done the job. Anyway, it usually takes awhile for antibiotics to build up in your system to an effective level, so don't give up.

Boolit Master
    On a good note my buddy dropped off the Star Lubrisizer yesterday along with some dies. I'll need to get some flat top punches for it before I can use it though.

You can pack a nose style punch with JB Weld or Acraglass to use on the base.

Boolit Grand Master

You have had more than your share of problems this year. Hoping you get on top of this soon. That Star Sizer should provide some boost for you. Take Care.

Moderator Emeritus

TexasGrunt, I am sorry that you are feeling bad...but a little early Christmas, or perhaps birthday present went a long way to make you feel better....Hope that Monday the doctor can solve your illness brother! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Perma-Banned

Hope you get to feeling better...prayer sent.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw this post and read it once or twice. I almost did not chime in. I know that I'm a random post under a screen name. I don't know you and you do not know me. However, Please, please, please and I stress please, DO NOT..DO NOT..DO NOT...put off seeing your physician tomorrow. As men, we tend to procrastinate.. it's in our nature for what ever reason.

PS. I have to admit that its the culture on this forum to "Do the right thing" that made me post this cryptic but direct message.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    Hope you get to feeling better...prayer sent.
    Indeed!!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Infections are dangerous to anybody, but especially those with the age factor. The sooner the correct treatment, the sooner the healing can begin.
    Being MACHO only gets us a step closer to the end. My wife spent two months in Wake Forrest, and 12 operations because of an unrecognized infection.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post

You can pack a nose style punch with JB Weld or Acraglass to use on the base.
    I don't want to screw up the punches that came with the Star as it's on "indefinite" loan status right now.

Thanks everyone. The infection sites are actually looking a bit better this morning. I took the pictures and sent them to my doctor. I'm waiting to hear back from her.

Another silly thing popped up yesterday, I've had two bouts of Meniere's in the past few years and it seems I'm enjoying a third bout right now. I've got hearing loss and tinnitus all the time, but the vertigo is back. I feel like I'm going to fall over sitting here in the chair and I can tell my eyes are skittering back and forth too. I was brushing my teeth before bed last night and almost fell over. I had to have my wife hold me up.

I was smart enough to mention this to my doctor, perhaps it's related to the infection.
    Last edited by TexasGrunt; 07-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

Boolit Master

Gods speed Grunt. Remember the SKIN is the largest organ of the human body and as such will constantly require our attention. Skin infections are nothing to "sneeze" about.

I know of what I speak; cause I'm an old Navy Corpsman. (64-68)

Boolit Master

TexasGrunt I can't speak about the infection, other than to say along with the others, that yes you need (NEED) to get to your doctor and turn that around because it could be too much for your system to handle.
    I can speak to the vertigo and the ringing in the ears along with hearing loss: I experience the dizziness ever so often from severe vertigo. I can tell when it is coming on and I do a short series of exercises that my therapist put me on and it helps get me past the early symptoms. It is a series of lay downs on the living room couch in my case with my head tilted toward the ceiling at about 45 degrees for 30 seconds followed by set up straight and look straight forward for 30 seconds: then repeat on the other side same times. I do this 5 complete times for a total of 10 minutes per session. I do not recall what the exercise is called but it works for me. Might or might not be good for you. Take care and get well soon.
    Stan
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=TexasGrunt;4101864]I've acquired some sort of skin infection on my chest and right thigh. Went to see the doctor on Thursday and got started on some antibiotics. Both sites are larger than they were on Thursday and I've been feeling like death warmed over this weekend. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow and see if we can't figure out what's going on. Today I'm feeling weak as

Sir I see your a veteran in Texas has you been to the VA Hospital in Houston in the last 6months to a year? I've picked up Jungle rot under my left arm and on the left side. My doctor in Lufkin thinks it's from a week I spent as a in patient this past March.
    Last time I've had it was in Vietnam. Good luck don't wait have it checked.

Semper-fi
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 07-17-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=SSGOldfart;4102727]
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I've acquired some sort of skin infection on my chest and right thigh. Went to see the doctor on Thursday and got started on some antibiotics. Both sites are larger than they were on Thursday and I've been feeling like death warmed over this weekend. I'm going to call the doc tomorrow and see if we can't figure out what's going on. Today I'm feeling weak as

Sir I see your a veteran in Texas has you been to the VA Hospital in Houston in the last 6months to a year? I've picked up Jungle rot under my left arm and on the left side. My doctor in Lufkin thinks it's from a week I spent as a in patient this past March.
    Last time I've had it was in Vietnam. Good luck don't wait have it checked.

Semper-fi
    Nah, I use the Dallas hospital. It's closer.

I ended up in the emergency room Monday evening. Got admitted and just got home about 1430 today. They filled me with drugs and sent me home with more. The infections seem to be under control. The worst part is for some reason I couldn't get a phone signal in my room and I refuse to use public wifi.

My little Dude was sure happy to see me come home. He's been stuck to me like glue since I walked in the door and let him out of his house.
    Semper Fi!

Boolit Grand Master

Thats good news! Hope you're on top of it now. Welcome Back!

Moderator Emeritus

TexasGrunt....glad you are doing better but be sure to finish your regiment of meds and do what the doctors say....Pray you continue to improve and get better....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Take care and don't ignore an infection! I spent a night in the ER last fall, I have bad circulation in my left leg so infections crop up now and then. I went from feeling fine at noon to a 105 fever at 5pm, called a friend for a trip to the ER and after being pumped full of antibiotics the fever broke. All from a fly bite on my leg!

Boolit Master
    You might ask your doctor if your sheets or such can re-infect you.

Moderator Emeritus

They can and I wash them very often with bleach. But with bad circulation any scratch can get infected easily. I use a silver bearing gel(SilvaGel is the brand) on scratches to prevent it as much as possible.

Banned
    +1 on MaryB. Your body is still recovering from the "plumbing" work and possible antibiotics from that. Taking a lot of meds weakens your immune system. you need to baby yourself until everything "evens out" again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast