RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for my Father

Super Moderator

Please say a prayer for my Father

My Dad died yesterday after a brief battle with cancer. He has alienated the entire family, his own brother and sisters and all of his children included. After not speaking to him for nearly 20 years, I called him around 3 years ago to see if we could make peace. That was a huge mistake, he was drunk. He was married and divorced 8 or 9 times, I lost count. He spent his entire life lying and cheating on his many spouses. He set an example for all of us: How NOT to be. How not to live your life. How not to treat your own family. Please remember to love and cherish your family, drama and all. He was not spiritual in any way, and I ask that we pray that God will have mercy on his soul. I know that he is a forgiving God, hopefully he shows my father some mercy. Thank you.

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent for all.

Super Moderator

Thank you, we're all saddened by the final outcome of things.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Shooter you have my prayers. To lose a father is hard especially when you are not close and wished for peace with him. You did what you could by reaching out and trying.
    The Lord comfort you ineed this time.
    Amen

Super Moderator

Thank you Preacher Jim for the prayers. I hope I will be able to make peace with him in the promised land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Father, You know ShooterAZ's father's heart. I pray that You were able to change his heart toward You before he passed. Please give his family peace and be with ShooterAZ and his family as they deal with the loss of their father. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator

Thank you Paul for that prayer. I sincerely doubt if he called out for God for forgiveness before he passed, but I pray for his mercy nonetheless. I wasn't there, and none of our family was either. It's very sad.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

ShooterAZ I feel your pain sir. I was lucky, I was born to a pillar of a community. A small community but a mighty big solid man. I was a special needs kid and I tried him mightily. But he passed all tests with flying colors.

He is 94, in assisted living, pretty much blind with Macular Degeneration. Getting hard for him to move around now. Sad to see him diminished but he lived a long full life.

Prayers sent for your father, but I am afraid he has made his bed. He's going to have to lie in it. But prayers sent all the same.

I have also asked for the Lords peace like a river for you ShooterAZ.
    Sorry for your loss. I have mine to face yet someday. Peace be upon you brother.

Shooter! your a better man than I am, My dad was much like yours, a drunk a cheating liar never once did he ever set down with us four kids for any kind of a meal, He always ate first, alone. He has been dead for over 53 years now and I have never been to the grave site. The fact is I don't care where he is,
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master

You are correct shooter, God is a loving, forgiving and merciful God and in that you may have peace.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

May God give him the love he couldn't accept on earth and may God accept him into the fold.
    Praying for healing and closure for all the family and friends.

Amen
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Praying for you all.

ShooterAZ, at least you tried, you never know what might of made it through to him. My prayer for comfort and closure.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Shooter prayers for you and your family. Remember Romans 8:28. God in His infinite wisdom always has a way to make any trial or tribulation work out for the good. We don't always see it at the time, but further along, we see the Lord's grace and will.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Prayer sent
    jim

Super Moderator

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. It's very comforting to us.

Moderator Emeritus

Shooter, prayers up for all of you, that you all find peace and consolation. And BTW, only one study has ever been done that I'm aware of, on the subject of why children from bad environments turn out good. In EVERY case, it was the acts of one individual who formed and sustained their faith, that one day, it'd really be better, when they got out on their own and out from under the oppression and dissension that plagued them in their earlier years. God bless you and the others for taking lemons, and making "lemonade." You have no idea who or for how many your example has provided a crucial lesson and example for! None of us truly know how our behavior has affected others, or how many or just who they have been in life. But thanks, and you all deserve a special prayer for yourselves, and for our best wishes for your futures.

Boolit Master

Prayers for the family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast