RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: The road to Emmaus

Boolit Master

The road to Emmaus

The Road to Emmaus

Luke 24:30-35 30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. 32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures? 33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, 34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. 35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

This is an account of how two men were on their way to Emmaus shortly after Jesus was crucified and a stranger came and accompanied them along the way. Their eyes were blinded so they didn't know that it was Jesus.

They invited him to stay and break bread with them and as He blessed the bread their eyes were opened and he vanished from their sight. They had been with the risen Christ! What a defining moment in their life.

After they got their bearings, they returned (probably ran) back to Jerusalem and found the eleven remaining disciples and they shared their experience with Christ.

Do you remember when Christ first revealed Himself to you? It was like a light went on in your mind and it was a moment never to be forgotten. I can remember that I couldn't wait to tell someone else. It was the greatest moment of my life. Truly a defining moment!
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I remember when he called me, and I quit fighting, going my own way. And I listened to him and followed him. Indeed (sorry, tears on keyboard) I get all choked up.

40 years I believed but wandered, stubborn, stiff necked, independant, wanting to go MY way not his. 40 years I wasted. Do not do as I did. If he calls you, listen to him.

He loves, and he loves in a way no one else can match. And really in the long run. Is that not what we all search for?

His yoke is light, lay your burdens at his feet, with humble heart beg for forgiveness.
    And receive it, and the greatest of all gifts.

It is that simple, believe, and ask and it shall be granted. Knock and the door shall be opened.

He is RISEN!

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks both for the post and the commentary. We always tend to focus on what lies ahead. That's pretty rational, of course, but at times we do indeed need to look back, and remember those precious, totally pure moments when Christ entered our lives. It kind'a sets our keels in the right direction, and lock them on course. And it also keeps us very, very humble, which is also very useful in helping us to keep our erring down to a bare minimum. What would life really be without our Lord Jesus Christ? I personally wouldn't ever want to know the answer to that one!