RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: More ID shell holder questions

Boolit Master

More ID shell holder questions

Who made shell holders resembling Lyman's "J" style with a longer shank, and are they interchangeable? Lachmiller?

Who made shell holders resembling Lyman's "J" style with a shank diameter of 0.500 rather than 0.560? The two I have bear no markings, and have a black finish as opposed to the chrome I have seen on the Lyman shell holders
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Banned
    Pictures would really help.. Generally, 1/2 inch straight shank is Redhead. But I have never seen one with a black finish. There are other 1/2" shank, SAECO is one but not so much like a "J".

Need a picture.
    Ken

Boolit Master

Yes, pics help.

I will say that at one time, many companies made Hollywood-compatible shellholders. I have at least one black (blued) one that I suspect might be a Dunbar. It is very slim when compared to Hollywoods. Once I get rid of Photobucket and move everything to Dropbox, I can show a pic of it.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.