RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left” (Ex 14:21-22).

History often remembers people because of a defining moment that took place in their life. There are good defining moments and bad defining moments. September 11, 2001 was a bad defining moment for the United States of America. Many people’s lives were changed as a result. Israel had a defining moment when they crossed the Jordan River and stepped onto the Promised Land. Moses had a defining moment when he parted the Red Sea with his staff. We could go on.

How would you like to be remembered? Is there a defining moment in your life with which others will associate your name? Thomas, one of the disciples of Jesus is remembered as “Doubting Thomas.” What a shame. I wonder what other good things Thomas did. However, because Thomas doubted that Jesus had truly come back from the dead and needed Jesus to show the nail marks in his hands and side, he will forever be associated with this question posed to the Savior when He saw Him after he was resurrected.

For most of us we can still define our moments for the future. God may yet have a defining moment when you will discover something new or see the work of God in your life in a unique way. I think God likes defining moments. He wants you to have an experience with Him that is memorable.

Make a commitment to the Lord today to allow your defining moment to be one that has a positive faith experience, not a regret.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Love this lesson, Amen!

Moderator Emeritus

Wow .... +1 on that lesson.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Jesus spent much time trying to make his disciples understand GOD . To explain the power of GOD in their lives if they had faith

Faith is the key , commitment and believing . If we truly believe it will show in our lives .

Matthew 17;14-20

And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
    15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
    16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
    17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
    18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
    19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
    20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Belief , faith and commitment ....They are not the same thing . Faith assures salvation ...commitment is to put GOD in your words and acts therefore putting your faith in practice . Belief leads to faith , faith leads to commitment .
    Last edited by Boaz; 07-16-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Defining moments! Wow! In every life, there are some real turning points - points where we show the depth and breadth of our commitment to Christ. How humbling it is when we pass those tests! And we all have them. ALL of us. We're constantly challenged. What good would our Faith be if it couldn't stand a few challenges?