WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap smelting pot?

Boolit Master
    I got this and a Turkey burner from them. It is a simple stand to hold the pot and a high pressure pot. Melts lead very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by bajacoop View Post
    You can get a big dutch oven for around $30 at Academy sports. Melted several thousand lbs in one with no issue.
    Last edited by garym1a2; 07-20-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Don't forget that some electric drills spark internally like a miniature arc welder. If you use an air drill you have no spark which is why they are used around airplanes! The bulk propane places usual have a vice made to hold LP tanks and usually will remove the valve no charge. Another place to clamp the tank is on a propane forklift or skid loader. Be safe in your projects!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Crockett View Post
    lightman I think was talking about me making propane pots for smelting lead. what Idz said about drilling on a un purged tank IS DANGEROUS all it takes is one spark and you have a bomb going off in your face. the trick in taking off the valve is you have to sucure the tank so it can not move the take a pipe wrench and take off the valve then purge the tank I let mine set for at least 3 days purging. the reason I wright is not to get you to buy a $25 plus shipping pot from me I wright this so someone following someone else advise does not end up getting hurt which can happen easy. if you do not know what you are doing. ok end of SAFTY sermon D Crockett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12