Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Load Data

Thread: They're going to do a video of fixing my Mauser 66!

Boolit Master

They're going to do a video of fixing my Mauser 66!

Some of you know about the C&Rsenal channel that also hosts Mark Novak's gunsmithing videos. I sent Mark my Mauser 66 some months ago to have the stock modified for me. I'm left eyed now and the stock has a giant cheek rest for right handed shooters. I really hate it so I contacted Mark and he agreed to make it prettier and more affable to lefties.

I suspect that Mark is going to do a lot more than just de-hump it. He just emailed me and said they were going to start filming a multi segment video about turning a sow’s ear into a silk purse.

Man, I just can't wait! I love my Mauser 66 with its funky sliding carriage and really high-quality machining but I have to be able to shoot it comfortably.
    [

Boolit Master
    Can't wait to see this one being turned into a lefty friendly rifle. It makes me sad when I find an interesting rifle with a huge cheek pad on the wrong side for me. I have grown to like right hand bolts with a left hand or ambi stock on rifles I shoot from a rest.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master
    I can't agree more. Being a natural right hander I prefer a right-hand bolt. I now have to shoot left handed because of losing sight in my right eye. Having to retrain a lifetime trigger finger has not been easy or totally successful. I'll never have the sensitivity in my left hand that I do in my right but at least I can see the target. I need all the help I can get though. Having a cheek piece on the correct side or having the comb high enough so I can get a cheek weld is critical.
    I now actively look for rifles that have no cheek piece. I finally found a beautiful Mannlicher Model 1952 in 270 Winchester that was truly ambi. I was shocked. I have never seen another Mannlicher without the offending tumor.
    I’m not exactly sure what Mark is going to do to the Mauser 66 but he knows what my requirements are so I’m sure he’ll get there one way or the other. He has the rifle, a Zeiss scope and a couple of different scope mounts to work with.
    [

Boolit Master
    Good God! I just got an email from Mark. He's doing a 5 part video on the rifle....he's completely re-stocking it! From scratch! He sent me some pictures of the stock blank...it's just an angled piece of wood.
    [

Vendor Sponsor

Wow That sounds great .. Better start saving up !!!
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I have been blind in my right eye since birth....a factory defect as my mother called it. I am right handed and shoot left handed.
    I LIKE this idea. i can work a right hand bolt easier than a left hand bolt - I am not left handed!
    Please post a link when these are ready.
    Thanks!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I have been blind in my right eye since birth....a factory defect as my mother called it. I am right handed and shoot left handed.
    I LIKE this idea. i can work a right hand bolt easier than a left hand bolt - I am not left handed!
    Thanks!
    be glad they did not have a recall on you
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    Thanks!
    Will do...I don't know how long it will be between filming and posting the videos but as soon as that happens I will post them.
    [

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Wow That sounds great .. Better start saving up !!!
    Normally I would be terrified at the cost but we previously agreed on a flat rate...no matter what he did to it....and it isn't anything like what a new stock would be. It's kind of the trade off for giving them a free hand and letting them do a video on the process. I really lucked out.

He's even going to checker it...you know how much time that entails?
    [

Boolit Master
    You Sir are a lucky and fortunate fellow.When the videos get posted could you post a link to it if permitted?Thanks.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    As soon as they post one I'll post the link to it....
    [