WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What would make you a silencer buyer?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    For me to get a "silencer," all that'd have to change is the price. But with most internals being made of titanium, and quite craftily formed at certain angles, etc., I doubt they'll ever be a dime a dozen. I once didn't want to be on any more "lists" than I probably already was on, so that was another factor. But now .... I've assumed I'm on enough lists that one more won't make any real difference. Now, it's just the price that matters any more. (sigh!) And I doubt that'll change much or very rapidly. Well ..... OK ...... I've lived this long without one, and I guess I can make it to the end without one, but .... one sure could be nice ..... and interesting as well!
    Some of the rimfire ones are $99, and there are some decent budget options in the $400-600 range. Certainly not a dime a dozen, but not as expensive as most people think.

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    if they were OTC I would buy several.
    actually I would make several.
    I'm with ya on the making!!!! They would be so simple to make!!!!! In my state you can make them ya need to that damn $200 tax stamp!!!

Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Boolit Master
    If they can get these things to where people can buy them without suffering an NFA ordeal, I suspect that smart people who are new to the game will jump in. I wouldn't be surprised if silencers become a whole lot cheaper and a great deal more effective.
    [

Boolit Grand Master

Cheap with no gov red tape. It's just another honey pot for the Feds, right now.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

If I could walk into a store and buy one for no more that $25.00 and didn't have to fill out any forms or pay any fees/taxes .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

The Fed's make 0% on all NFA tax in fact it is the same as the Inheritance tax. It costs more to do than it brings in.

Boolit Master

Just cause I could.

I got three.

Most every firearm I have would not pass the need test.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    The Fed's make 0% on all NFA tax in fact it is the same as the Inheritance tax. It costs more to do than it brings in.
    You won't be able to convince people of this fact. One of the reasons for the long wait is there aren't enough agents to process the paperwork. If they were making money off the tax they would be able to hire more agents to handle the workload. And I just want to clarify that I said it was ONE of the reasons for the long wait. It's certainly not the only one.

Boolit Master

2: I would buy one if they were like buying a handgun, background check, etc,

3: I would buy one only if they were sold as an accessory, like grips, or a sling and I could get it mail order.

I would like to see them become accessories. If criminals want them they're already making them illegally. Even if they become the same as buying a firearm we should be able to make our own.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    For anyone on the fence, Capitol Armory down in Taxes is running another of their wild specials. The AAC Ti-Rant 45 (works on .44 Special as well as 9, 40, and 45) is either $350, free when you buy any two other cans, free when you buy any SBR, SBS, AOW, or Machinegun, or free with $1500 in accessories. Stamp is still extra, but I bought two cans from them with no problem. Good way to start stamp collecting..

Boolit Bub
    4. I own 4 and have 2 more on the way.

They are illegal here in Canada if I could I would buy or build one fir every rifle I own. Less noise less recoil. A lot f ranges are bee shut down because of noise here and this would help.

Banned
    Was shooting my 300 WinMag R-1 today with the GEMTECH One on it. Just needed soft ear plugs and recoil was cut in 1/2.

Since the One works on my AUG, AR 15s, AR10, Tikka T3 target, Kimber Adirondack, M-70 BOSS, X-Bolt ..... need I go on ? Cost is hardly an issue !

Boolit Master
    Its very relaxing to shoot and only hear a 22rf bullet hit its target.on centerfire its nice to get rid of a lot of flash and blast, helps your accuracy no end .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234