Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB .045 gas port bushing for Mini-14

WTB .045 gas port bushing for Mini-14

They usually come in a kit with a .040", .045", & a .050" inner diameter from ASI who doesn't sell single bushings. I just need the one.
    Hellgate in Orygun
    With 16+revolvers, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap&ball.
    If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

One more time
    Hellgate in Orygun
    If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Geez, those lil' buggers are pricey.
    This would be a simple project for a gent w/ some basic machine tool skills.
    (Hint ......)
    Know of any online reference(s) for the dimensions?

In Remembrance

Have you tried contacting Brownell`s? They have bushings in a 3 pack that I know of, possibly will have a single bushing for sale.Robert

Brownell's only sells the factory bushing replacements, not the smaller choked down bushings to reduce recoil & ejection distance.
    T
    Hellgate in Orygun

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Brownell's only sells the factory bushing replacements, not the smaller choked down bushings to reduce recoil & ejection distance.
    T
    I saw the whole gas port unit on Midway, about $70 IIRC.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Midway sells the factory replacement that is from Ruger and has the larger diameter port that I am trying to get away from.
    Hellgate in Orygun

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Midway sells the factory replacement that is from Ruger and has the larger diameter port that I am trying to get away from.
    I could've sworn they had an aftermarket block listed, I know I saw it somewhere and thought midway. I have the same problem and will tackle it someday. Sorry if I sent you astray.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    i bought the kit and am using the smallest. let me check when i get back in a few days.
    My other forum, where I'm building a cabin....http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_3325_0.html#msg48687

I've just been fixed up by Accuracy Systems Inc. who not only removed their stuck prior bushing from my gas block but made an exception for me and was able to sell me a single bushing. I had already bought a complete kit from them. They back their products. Nice folks. Small family run operation.
    Hellgate in Orygun

Boolit Master
    I am in the process of chasing this at this moment. There are it appears to be different OD lengths dictated by vintage/model. My 184 pin bushing with a 18 7/16" barrel mic'd at L=.295"/ W=.186", with .080" orifice and barrel port pinned at .057". I had a .187" pin gauge fit in block/barrel counter bores and this tells me I can make them out of AN-3 (3/16") bolt shank in my lathe and harden when done. My recent reading leans toward .045" and .050" being happy land even with supposed low power Wolf poo.

IIRC GunDoc made his reduced size bushings from drill rod so they would harden.
    Hellgate in Orygun