Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

No one calls for justice, nor does any plead for truth. They trust in empty words and speak lies; they conceive evil and bring forth iniquity."

—Isaiah 59:4

We’re living in a time of amazing contradictions. As we look at the turmoil in our nation, we see that America is reaping the results of years of disobedience to God and His Word. We have worked so hard to remove God and His Word from our courtrooms, our classrooms, and our society in general.

We are seeing sin’s effect all around us, because we don’t have a set of absolutes concerning morality and right and wrong. We have been so careful to arm ourselves to the teeth against the enemy on the outside that we’ve forgotten the enemy on the inside.

Writing about the fall of Rome, historian Will Durant said, “A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. The essential causes of Rome’s decline lay in her people, her morals...”

We are rotting from within. How are we going to solve this dilemma? Let me say this. No politicians or government programs are going to do it for us. While they can bring some help and assistance, it won’t get to the root of the problem. The only answer for the ills of this country is a Heaven-sent spiritual awakening, a revival.

I am not suggesting a turn toward spirituality or a turn to a god, whatever you conceive him or her or it to be. I am talking about a return to the true and living God, the God our founding fathers cited, the God we have always believed in from the beginning but have forgotten. There never will be a spiritual awakening in this nation until we believe in the one and only true God and His Son Jesus Christ. Without this, there never will be moral change or a cure to our countless social ills.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Like the prophet or old

Hos 4:6
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Usually a turning point is reached after a judgment is made, and this country is being judged!

Boolit Master

We are witnessing Biblical drama
    Being human is not for sissies.

Moderator Emeritus

I have seen the decline for more years than I care to admit to....doing the right thing always trumps convenience!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Revival is coming.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy

"We are seeing sin’s effect all around us, because we don’t have a set of absolutes concerning morality and right and wrong. We have been so careful to arm ourselves to the teeth against the enemy on the outside that we’ve forgotten the enemy on the inside."

Thank You rl69 ,You always make me think.Some times it makes my head hurt.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

(Amos 8:11-12) "¶ Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: {12} And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."

(Jeremiah 4:22) "For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge."

and so it is.......However, there is this,

(Malachi 3:6-7) "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. {7} ¶ Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?"
    Last edited by claude; 07-15-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Boolit Master

Repentance and revival.

Boolit Master
    When I was growing up we went to church on Sunday, then home where momma fixed dinner. We didn't go anywhere else except to visit other folks, because nothing was open. They called them blue laws and only a few gas stations where open. Then folks decided those blue laws where ol fuddy duddy and got rid of them. After all folks need to go out and eat after services rite? Then why can't the grocery be open? Wal Mart etc.? Next thing you know all our kids are working on Sunday, not in church! Y`all think about that tomorrow after morning service when you go out, take note of the young people serving you, and think how we all have contributed to this state were in!

Something else to think about. My youngest son is the chief at a restaurant his Sunday starts at 9am and runs to 6pm. He says the worst customers they deal with all week is the after church crowd. There all dressed up rude, hard to please, and thoughtless. I'm sure some of you have children working these kinds of jobs, ask them about Sundays.

I constantly remind myself, I may be the only Jesus someone meets today!

I know we talk allot about God outta school etc, but it goes deeper than we think!

Moderator Emeritus

Wow! What a powerful and irrefutable message and commentary! Thanks to all.

It seems all our lives, we pray for blessings and plenty, and upon receiving them, we, as a rule, suddenly become haughty, and convince ourselves WE did it on our own! What an obviously contrived situation THIS is!!! In the bad times, it's "Oh Lord, save us!" And in the good times, it's "Eat, drink and make merry, for tomorrow we may die!" What a willful and idiotic species man can be! Real Christians are humble, forgiving, loving, kind, etc. - NOT like that after church group of diners Tstick describes! Even many of our "best" seem to fall prey to this simple principle! It's as though celebrating the good times automatically somehow, increases our haughtiness, and convinces us that we did it, and can continue doing it, all on our own. What sheer folly!