Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger P95 is ok

Ruger P95 is ok

Nothing wrong with this service pistol at all.besides not being "modern" it's aged well.I have shot the "P"series on and off since 1988 and can't say it ever a bad choice.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master

They are big and kind of blocky, but they are very accurate and always go bang. I like them too.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I'm A Honcho!
    They are a tough tank.

When you run out of ammo they also serv well as a club

I won't be parting with mine any time soon!

Personally I don't care for them. They are probably the best value in a semi pistol you can buy.
    Function is very dependable and they shoot well, what more could you ask. I only dislike them
    due to bulk and weight and they are butt ugly. Good deals can be had on used ones. They are
    not hi-tech enough for new crowd & disliked by the older crowd because of bulk.

Boolit Master

I bought 2 several years ago right after they were discontinued at a very good price. I gave them to my grown sons since they didn't have a handgun. Since then they have progressed past the P95. I told them that if they were ever to decide to get rid of them, I would buy them back for what I paid originally.

Before I gave the guns to them, I shot them extensively to make sure they functioned. These guns will shoot just about anything, even my reloads. I'm a believer in reliability.
    John
    W.TN

I have a P97 .45 that is amazingly accurate & reliable & light & blocky- it looks like a 1950's locomotive. I love it. If I find a P95 decocker and have the $$ at the same time - that train is leaving the station. And coming home with me.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a Ruger P-89X. This variant is a 9mm that includes a swap barrel and recoil spring cambered in 30 Luger. Both barrels shoot VERY well, jacketed or cast. ya want some fun? Run the 30 Luger barrel with the 9mm recoil spring--and get 1400+ FPS with Lyman #311419 (92 grain GC/FN). These do BAD THINGS to jackrabbits and ground squirrels. Kinda loud, too. AA-7 works well here.

Yes, the P-89 has a grip the size of a beer can. Good--I have big hands. I installed Pachmayr neoprene panels soon after the pistol arrived many years ago, and I still enjoy range time with the rig. With its favorite bullet (Hornady 125 HAP), its accuracy stays right with that of my SIG P-226 and its favored bullet. Not too shabby, but the Europhiles despise anything made in the USA. Idjits.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Had one years ago. Nothing wrong with the pistol, always shot well, cycled everything from the magazine without a hiccup.

Boolit Master

Had 2 P90s in .45 ACP. Wife had the polymer P95 in 9MM. All them went down the road. Regrettably. They really will eat anything you put in them. The P95 the wife had shot way better than my Beretta 92FS. WAY BETTER!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    I have so much faith in the P95's dependability that I gave mine to my daughter when she moved out on her own for a house gun. It still serves that purpose 10 years later with countless of failfure rounds downrange in the meantime. Function trumps form.

ADMIN

I have a P94.
    Its the alloy frame stainless slide and barrel.
    40 S&W.
    It shoots better then me and recoil is very mild compared to my Glock 23
    Its not a carry gun but it could be. I am just not gonna invest in more holsters.

Boolit Master
    I like mine, I don't understand the blocky part. It's more rounded than a glock. It weighs 6 ounces more. Reliable and tough. Shoots and cycles anything I ever loaded for it. It loves the 124gr FP from Berry's. Todd/3leg
    Last edited by 3leggedturtle; 07-15-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 3leggedturtle View Post
    It's more rounded than a glock.
    Your heresy has been noted by the Europhile cadre, and the torches & pitchforks are being gathered apace.

You have to dispense truths of this sort in very small dosage units, lest you spoil the ambiance of Old World prejudices and myths.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

My current is a decocker,but not ,marked "DC".It was well under $200 used and shoots about Like any other full sized 9mm semi I've owned.and it feeds and shoots the 158 358156 sans GC quite well.
    Last edited by HARRYMPOPE; 07-15-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Grand Master
    Those P series Ruger were darned good guns for the money. They were service pistols, not pocket pistols, not the gun to choose for an ankle holster hideout. But they were the original Energizer Bunnies, they would keep going and going. There was one for rent at a local indoor range that had to have had 50,000 rounds through it with minimal cleaning, and it was still going strong.
    I'd be hard pressed to pass up on a clean example at a good price.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Banned

I have acquired a few P89DCs
    I love those guns
    Just got another one that was NIB for $300
    Bet your life reliable
    Great night-stand gun
    Great woods gun with the Ranch Dog 135 grain RF
    Great gun for the truck

Banned
    I think Madaad Ayoob was a huge fan.he carried one often and called it the AK of service pistols.

And here's an important part. The P series pistols are easily racked by most anyone due to the width & decocker/safeties. My skinny youngest daughter and my wife with Arthritis and Fibromyalgia can chamber a round in the P97 easily. Not so with the other autos we have lying about.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Your heresy has been noted by the Europhile cadre, and the torches & pitchforks are being gathered apace.

You have to dispense truths of this sort in very small dosage units, lest you spoil the ambiance of Old World prejudices and myths.
    Really, wow I ain't been threatened with a good time in quite awhile! Will there be a fire after words? Almost spit up Mtn. Dew after seeing yer comment. Todd/3leg

Banned

Ayboob liked the P90. As a part time LEO in the sticks, I doubt it was ever fired in the line of duty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast