Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Stocking a Mauser

Boolit Mold

Stocking a Mauser

Greetings all:

I am having a custom .25-06 built on a 1940 Mauser action with a Douglas barrel and Timney trigger (also open sights and quick release scope mounts).
    The project can't be completed until the the rifle is stocked. The project is as far as it can go, barreled, blued, etc. without the stock. However the stock is proving to be a problem. I knew it would be. The setup/look I am going for is a Griffin & Howe look.
    None of the stock companies have what I'm looking for, at least in an unmodified finished form.
    What I'm looking for basically is an oiled walnut stock with pistol grip and forend checkering possibly with a schnabel forend. The schnabel is negotiable but the checkering is not.
    Can any one help with this issue? Is there a decent ready to go stock out there or a company anyone would suggest.

Thanks all!

Just noticed your post.
    Contact WENIG Gunstocks, Lincoln Missouri. The guys that run it came out of the FAJEN Custom shop hen it closed down.
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master

Check with user inthe10ring over on mausercentral.net. Dave does quite a bit of stock business and is very good.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've got to ask, if you are having a custom built, why isn't the gun builder making the stock?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Bub
    You might check out Walnut Gunstocks in Weiser, Idaho.
    They wound up with quite a few of American Gunstock Co.'s stocks and might have what you are looking for.

re