MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shilo Sharps question

Boolit Master
    With a good barrel, well cut chamber, and the right bullet you can get a .38-55 to work very well with black powder. I think you'll find that the Shiloh will out do your other .38-55 rifles by a considerable margin, as long as you are using the right bullet with the right brass.

As an example here is a target I shot with my CPA at 223 yards. Of twelve shots ( including a cold bore fouling shot ), nine of them went into under a minute of angle at that distance.

Mind you, this was a breech seated bullet which, most of the time, has a higher accuracy potential.

https://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...m=1451950847/5

Chris.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunlaker View Post
    With a good barrel, well cut chamber, and the right bullet you can get a .38-55 to work very well with black powder. I think you'll find that the Shiloh will out do your other .38-55 rifles by a considerable margin, as long as you are using the right bullet with the right brass.

As an example here is a target I shot with my CPA at 223 yards. Of twelve shots ( including a cold bore fouling shot ), nine of them went into under a minute of angle at that distance.

Mind you, this was a breech seated bullet which, most of the time, has a higher accuracy potential.

https://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...m=1451950847/5

Chris.
    That is an impressive target but the gun (is really impressive) !

Boolit Master
    Thanks Edward. I had it for a few years before I finally figured out how to make it shoot

Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12