I did what I knew I should not do! I am waiting to scrounge funds to rent 35 remmy reamer for a carcano and I need a 357 mag reamer so I made the reamer and tried it in the carcano barrel, all went well and THEN I placed a 357 heavy load with 190 RD boolit on the bolt and send it home and went out and shot at target and hit right where I aimed. So I must try another and now I am hooked. Me wants to keep this thing a 357 magnum rifle because the handling is perfect, not much recoil but it does bark alittle more than I expected. I really cannot get my brain wrapped around a single stack but I think a maxium would be better because its longer. That short cartridge just seems like (you know what) to get to work in feeding. I don't mind if its only a 3 cartridge gun in magazine. Any of you fellas have wisdom on making a magazine for this carcano? I made a nice rib on top of reciever and barrel and put a peepsite in it and it is dead center on! Can't get rid of this kind of performance now can we?