WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: Need a Lee sizeing die .363

Boolit Master

Need a Lee sizeing die .363

Are there any people who used to load Makarov rounds that no longer due so? My molds drop bullets at .365 which is fine for my Bulgarian Makarov but my Polish P64 needs them sized to .363 as my funding is low (fixed income) I was hoping someone has a Lee sizing die in .363 they no longer need
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Well it looks like there aren't any Makarov shooters out there as I haven't gotten any replies. I wouldn't mind ordering a .363 sizing die from Lee but it's a special order, twice the price, and when I called Lee to inquire about it, the Lee sales rep told me it's a minimum of 8 weeks before it even ships. The only other option for me would be to try and find a older Lyman lube/sizer (45). But that kinda leaves me with the same problem, funding. I just can't afford it. Lyman makes a .363 sizing die, cheaper than a Lee custom order but that doesn't do me much good if I don't have a sizer. At this point it looks like my P64 is more of a safe queen. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Even if someone has an old sizer that they have know use for that I might be able to fix. Anyway thanks for, at least looking at my post.
    Thanks again,
    Poppy42

Just measured the one I did. Opened up a factory Lee .357 to .370 with a drill, sandpaper, and a pencil. Took less than an hour. You could do one in less than 1/2 hr, I bet, since you won't have to remove as much metal. That's all the help I can be, don't have anything in the size you need.

Boolit Master

You didn't say but have you tried the .365's in the P64? I've shot many .357-8's in my 9mm. Of course YMMV.

If I needed a .363, I would do as Any Cal. says and open up the largest one I could find or that I had. It's easy and you should go slow as it's very easy to get to big too soon. Ask me how I know! Anyway, I see you're fairly new around here so look around and you'll find lots of info on how to open up a Lee or other sizer.

Here ya go.......

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/Gen...ing%20Dies.pdf
    Two ways I've done this
    1) pretty much as Any Cal. described although I used a split wood dowel and wet or dry with oil.
    2) shove oversize boolits impregnated with various sizes of grinding grit thru the sizer until you achieve your goal.
    Take a kid along

Then there's the NOE size bushing set.
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...8froa40njboas0
    Between the .357-38 cal and the .366 cal bushings, you should find what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woody1 View Post
    You didn't say but have you tried the .365's in the P64? I've shot many .357-8's in my 9mm. Of course YMMV.

If I needed a .363, I would do as Any Cal. says and open up the largest one I could find or that I had. It's easy and you should go slow as it's very easy to get to big too soon. Ask me how I know! Anyway, I see you're fairly new around here so look around and you'll find lots of info on how to open up a Lee or other sizer.

Here ya go.......

http://www.castpics.net/subsite2/Gen...ing%20Dies.pdf
    Two ways I've done this
    1) pretty much as Any Cal. described although I used a split wood dowel and wet or dry with oil.
    2) shove oversize boolits impregnated with various sizes of grinding grit thru the sizer until you achieve your goal.
    Woodie,
    I actually did mention in my original post that my Makarov shoots as dropped from my Lee mold at .365. My P 64 however, will not function with cast bullets at .365. They need to be sized to .363. This seems to be quite normal for the P64 all reference on the P64 forum seem to suggest it as being a common problem. As for teaming a .357 (9mm ) Lee sizing die out to .363, I wasn't sure if 4 thousands of an inch was to much to take off. In addition how do you determine when you you have removed enough? As I said my funds are limited I can't really afford to ruin a die trying to get it to the right size. It is certainly an option I will look at more closely. Thanks for the reply

Boolit Master

Opening up a sizing die really isn't that big of a deal. Go slow and check often. I've used the dowel and sandpaper method to do a few.

Sit there with your mic and some unsized boolits. Every one in a while, clean it out good with WD-40 and a rag, then try sizing at least one boolit then measure it.

When you start getting close, hone it with finer paper. Then I finish with a shotgun mop and toothpaste. I've even polished most of my Lee sizers. They size with far less effort after they've been polished, and I didn't add any measurable size to my boolits that are coming out of it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Still looking!

Boolit Master
    I am no longer in thanks to George. Mod please close or delete thread.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

That George is one fine fella
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master
    He sure is!