Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Personal best

Boolit Master

Personal best

Last weekend I checked out some yard sales in a nearby village. On an unattended table, with a bunch of assorted fishing gear was a dented, engraved, solid bottom pewter mug. When I walked up to the lady at the cashier's table, she said; "free, it has his name on it". It was a trophy from 1968! He was a prominent auto dealer in the area for over 30 years.
    When I checked it weighed 12 oz., marked Holland Pewter
    Previously, my best was a glass bottom mug on a shelf marked $0.25. When I walked up to the cashier, I was charged a dime.
    Sometimes good things happen. Keep looking.
    Bill
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

Beats my best $ per pound!
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    i got a solid "statue of liberty" for 10 bucks.... almost 3 pounds.

Boolit Master
    Best I've done is around a buck per pound. Nowadays I feel lucky to pay $3/lb.

Boolit Master

'Nother score. Today at a the flea mkt. at the Public Market, Rochester, NY, I approached a table with a large-12 inch diameter-bowl, looked like pewter but larger than I have seen previously. I picked it up to check, the seller said; "pewter", and it was. When I asked how much he named a single digit price. I never even quibbled. At home it weighed 3 lbs.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Bub
    Best I've done in the last year is a little less than 3 bucks a pound. I was hoping this summer would have meant more scavenging through the local yard sales. However work and a baby have really hampered all of that. Maybe next year. Or maybe I'll get one last score this year. I'm thinking you lucky guys getting it so cheap need to buy some lottery tickets.