WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Any other Jeepers here?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    76' cj5 here, 355 sbc, block higher headers, comp cam, dbl hump heads, dbl roller timing chain, 1.7 rockers, Holley 650, Holley street dom intake, accell super coil, 5.5" lift, 33/12.50's. Had it since 95'
    Lab you have her set up about perfect. Do you ever drag race her in the Tucker County 4 wheel races in Parsons?

I had a CJ7 with a 304 and a CJ5 with the 250 six cyl. back in my "mudding" days.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Little Suzuki Samuri, I see them being towed all the time. Pretty capable off road with a few mods.
    did,nt know they still made them

Banned

does sound like a cool jeep!
    Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    76' cj5 here, 355 sbc, block higher headers, comp cam, dbl hump heads, dbl roller timing chain, 1.7 rockers, Holley 650, Holley street dom intake, accell super coil, 5.5" lift, 33/12.50's. Had it since 95'

Moderator Emeritus

They don't, find one of the years that has a ton of aftermarket parts and build one. I know I saw pics in 4 wheeler magazine of them taking one over the Rubicon Trail! Tough little 4 wheeler and lght so easy towing. I see Jeeps being towed a lot too though, People drive them on a car dolly and drop the rear driveshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by wgr View Post
    did,nt know they still made them

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I have a 1983 CJ 7 that got parked when my sons started driving, could not afford insurance and something for them to drive and keep it on the road. Well its been sitting along time I need a new windshield frame and I am sure brakes maybe a fuel tank and all the other stuff that happens when on sits that long. I really need to get it out and start working on it just seems there is not enough time now days.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    They don't, find one of the years that has a ton of aftermarket parts and build one. I know I saw pics in 4 wheeler magazine of them taking one over the Rubicon Trail! Tough little 4 wheeler and lght so easy towing. I see Jeeps being towed a lot too though, People drive them on a car dolly and drop the rear driveshaft.
    I miss the old days when you put the transfer case in neutral.

Moderator Emeritus

My 79 GMC Jimmy had neutral on the transfer but they still recommended not towing more than 10 miles. 4 low lock meant lock! If you hit dry pavement it was a bear to turn with the inside wheels having to break loose.

Boolit Master
    I worked in a shop that specialized in 4x4 off road trucks, and jeeps for several years, and it was fun at first, and then it became a living hell! I'm glad that stuff belonged to someone else, cause it seemed like if they weren't broke, they will be. A friend tried to talk me into buying a jeep, so I proved to him that my 2 wheel drive truck would go any where I wanted to go in the deer woods. Which was mainly on main roads, cause if you get off the road you're gona tear something up.

Boolit Buddy

My JK takes me to point A,B after I fixed the Death Wobble.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20012-4 009.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	200400
    A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...2441-Ron-in-PA

Boolit Master
    Ahh, the dreaded death wobble, we had a few of those that drove us nuts with that. That's a scary situation!

Boolit Master

Did some more work on mine last week like new shocks, suspension inspection, checked axle fluid, added a side mirror and a couple of other little things. Then I took it out in the mountains on some mild trails and had a blast going places that my full-size pickup can't go...

Attachment 200469

Banned

Heres my take on yjs. I don't like the square headlights, they ride rough and there frames were even more prone to rot through then the tjs but the bodys almost seemed better when it came to rust. there simple leaf spring straight axles set ups are easy to lift and easy to work on. Nice thing is they can be picked up for a song compared to the overpriced tjs ive seen lately. Probably the best bang for the buck jeep today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Finally figured out the picture issue, I think...

Attachment 199578

My son has turned into a jeeper. Put big wheels and rise kit on his Rubicon. Today he leaves with wife & 2 grade schoolers from DFW to Moab, Jackson Hole, Estes Park & back to DFW. Not a trip I want to take (in a jeep). I get the Border Collie for 1 1/2 weeks.
    Whatever!

Banned

actually if its a jk he has I wouldn't be afraid to hop in mine and drive across country. Its as comfortable as a lot of the cars ive owned in the past.

Boolit Master

Yeah, I should have spent more and got a newer Jeep. Mine is painful to drive very far. I drove it to the cabin about 70 miles away on rural 55mph roads Friday. Drive there was during the day and it was 90 degrees. Fun drive. The ride back at 9:30pm when it was 55 degrees and I had to dodge deer was less pleasant.

Boolit Bub
    2004 Rubicon that was bought with all the mods so i did not have to do much. We crawl rocks in west texas.

He got to Jackson Hole OK last nite. Text said "no more driving for a while".
    Attachment 200886 Attachment 200887
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

This has got to be tough on the spine?

click on image for music filled video to start
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345