RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switching powders..........

Boolit Grand Master

Not sure about Australia but. A friend went to Africa with a big flintlock to hunt ( He took a cap buffalo with a homemade 20MM flint lock) He couldn't fly with loose powder so he bought it there. He said a 1 lb can of goex 1F was $95.00 and a half days time in paper work and run around. And He did take a nice cape with it. This would have been late 90s or very early 2000

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    The folks that have been shooting Swiss for years and doing well with it have no substantive reason to try anything else. Once you find something that works you stick with it. That's why the majority of those same shooters wouldn't touch a paper patch bullet with some one else pecker...
    But at the same time, I'm reminded of when Express came out, I asked one of the big time guys why he was shooting Swiss instead of Express when Express was showing some good results, his reply back was that he had tried Express, it actually shot better slightly better groups than Swiss, but because he didn't like the people at Goex he wasn't going to use it. I hear the same thing from no small number of folks now. They don't like Hogdon's in any way shape or form and so they're not going to try any of the Eynsford..I also know a shooter that does well, but reports his loads as being Swiss, but is shooting OE..
    Bottom line it all comes back to what Wes said several posts back, the folks that are winning matches consistently could do so with nitrated horse pucky, so long as they have their regular spotter, things have a nasty habit of getting out of control on the score board sometimes without the same ol spotter shooter team...
    I sure wish that everyone that shot in master class thought like you.
    Are you going to shoot the 30th anniversary match with us? Should be a good one - we can camp.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    I sure wish that everyone that shot in master class thought like you.
    Are you going to shoot the 30th anniversary match with us? Should be a good one - we can camp.
    I am 2/3 planning on it. Would like to see how far into the berm the 4090 will plant chickens

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123