RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Thought George might have been here...

Thought George might have been here...

I DONT load cast for rifles. Well, I dabble, but that is as far as it goes. I have fun, but my groups are not good.

For the last couple days I have been at it, still getting atrocious groups. Last night, I started sorting boolits by weight. 1 pile of heavies went in one relatively empty spot on the reloading bench, 1 pile of lighter ones went in another relatively empty spot... something didn't seem right.

Amongst the mess was my press, check, I was tripping over the lead pot on the floor, check; where is my Luber? In fact there was a clean spot, (should have noticed that right off...), with a lube sizer die sitting there. Moving some boxes of primers and empty powder cans around confirmed that my Lubersizer was gone. Just gone.

Was it George?

Today after work the spousal unit was talking about something, didn't catch most of it except 'package in the car'. Weird, I didn't order anything...

Well, there was a package in the car, well wrapped, with the name George scrawled across the top, and Any Cal. across the middle. This was pretty exciting to me, 'cause I figured I was right- it was George made off with my dad gum Luber. What did he go and do that for?

Anyway, I am guessing George had been hitting the hooch pretty hard, cause he left all kinda stuff in that box! Now I gotta say, George is a straight shooter and done me a good turn, 'cause that Luber was broke, and he done fixed it fer me. That out the way, though, he sure left a lot of stuff in that box with the Luber, and I'm kinda hopin' he don't notice.

See, I ended up with this old Mosin with a really nice bore. And wouldn't you know it, but in that box there was a mold that would fit- wait for it- you know where I'm going with this. And of course, George wasn't using that mold with his bare hands, he accidentally dropped the whole shootin-match in that thar box! I mean, George was likkered up good, there was brass in there- who has brass layin around when they cast? His bench musta looked like mine before he dumped half of it in this here box. I mean, it's good this was all in a package with my name on it, or I'd a thought I stole all this stuff in my sleep.

So anyhoo, I'm just gonna use this stuff and take care of it. Should George come back by, guess we'll have a drink and talk about guns. He sure done me a good turn. And I guess to all y'all, if you see him, say "Hi" from Any Cal, but mebbe don't mention any of that other stuff to him, at least for a little bit.

A broken luber is bad enough, but, to have it missing is enough to make you cry.

Boolit Buddy

One of Georges' minions told him, I was shooting factory bullets in my 45-70 ( shame on me.)
    Next thing I know a large package arrives, marked GEORGE. New 405 grain mold and a house load of new 45-70 brass.
    George out did himself, need to set out some fine drinking bourbon! THANKS GEORGE.