MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: T/C Renegade - current going price ?

Boolit Grand Master

T/C Renegade - current going price ?

Got a call from a friend / business guy. He want to sell his T/C Renegade. I won't see it until tomorrow, at which time I suspect he is going to ask me to make an offer. Of course, condition dictates the nature of the offer, but I was wondering what these things go for in general. I just don't have a feel for what current prices are.

Boolit Master
    The stock with furniture is going 250 to 300.

Boolit Master
    If the stock is a kit gun take off 50
    Of has a crack at the lock screw it is worth only the price of the furniture

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks, that will get me started.

Boolit Master
    the way i see it, any pitting in the bore, no more than $150

Boolit Grand Master

ML prices vary allot depending on the area and even time of year. They go up around hunting season. I would start at $150 if in good shape and go up from there if I really wanted it and if being a good friend. The rest is up to you.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Grand Master
    Thanks, all. It was an unfired kit gun. Guy did a very reasonable job of assembly. Based on this (above) info., I offered him $200 and he was just fine with it. Even came with a fabric / padded gun case. Just came in from cleaning it and lubing all the spots that need lubing. Spent a good amount of time with a cleaning rod and removed only whatever the barrel finish is from within. It's kind of a flat black finish. Not a single round down the tube, or up the pipe, or any of those other "whatever" catchy phrases. Appreciate everybody's help. 725

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing wrong with a kit gun as long as they did a good job. To me could be worth more if they did an exceptional job. I'f you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
    Aim small, miss small!

Just curious what caliber?
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Master

BORE condition first. If not great seriously degrade your offer. Not clean enough to tell $100-150 best offer IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    BORE condition first. If not great seriously degrade your offer. Not clean enough to tell $100-150 best offer IMO
    Didn't ya notice it's already a done deal ?

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Didn't ya notice it's already a done deal ?

Nope did not read complete thread first just answered the OP question. Have a nice day

Boolit Master
    No longer made I wouldn't be surprised if the owner asks more ($) for than what he originally paid NIB. (providing such rifle is in excellent condition) 250 300 is a offer that's likely to be refused i.e. Beneficial to the buyer not at all beneficial for the rifles owner. 475.00~ 550.00 is a fair Offer and likely to be accepted.

Check this web site to see what their asking for a like new (used) Renegade seen on a rotating App on Tracks home page.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/
    Last edited by OverMax; 07-19-2017 at 11:48 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Got the rifle for $200. Never been fired. The bore was perfect. .50 Cal. Like I said, he did a good job with assembly. Can't figure out what kind of finish he used to do the barrel & trigger guard. It's flat black and absolutely perfect. Even, deep color. Looks so good, I almost don't want to shoot it. Almost. It's got the old square sights which I think are the best open sights I've ever used. The "newer" T/C sights are not as good for me. I have yet to get to the range with it. It was blistering hot today and I just didn't want to go. The weather should cooperate soon.

Boolit Master

I had a 4 digit SN Renegade that I paid $175 for in the mid 70s. I forget what I sold it for but it was more than I paid. I kind of wish I hadn't sold it though, it was a good rifle but I had a 58cal Sharon barreled Hawken to replace it.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

You did good and won't be disappointed , I have an older Renegade like yours and it shoots the lights out with maxi balls over 80 - 90 gr. 2F Goex.
    Good luck
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Grand Master
    Still too hot around here to do anything but sit in the shade. July & Aug in the mid-Atlantic area stinks. Hot & humid. Can't wait for fall.

Just for comparison...I was up at Simpson's yesterday and low & behold a Renegade, single trigger, in .54 Cal. for $399.00 was setting there on the shelf in all its unfired glory. Clear wood with no dings, but did not include a box box.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Mold
    ^Sounds like a great looking Renegade. Good hunting and shooting with it.