MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lipseys 45 Colt/acp SBH Bisley 3.75"

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.

Lipseys 45 Colt/acp SBH Bisley 3.75"

Anybody got one of these babies yet? I do believe I'm going to have to own one.

Linkey to Lipseys

'Looks like they're retailing for around $670±

Any reports on them yet?
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Perma-Banned

These were first run about 3yrs ago...in .44mag and .45 Colt.

I don't own one...but I was going to buy the .44mag version a couple of years ago. My friend had one, I shot it and liked it...but my heart is in .44spec...so, I just bought a New Vaquero Sheriff in .44 Special. With that said, if ya' want one, might as well go ahead.
    Last edited by shoot-n-lead; 07-10-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Boolit Buddy Cold Trigger Finger's Avatar
    I got the 5 1/2 " version that was they Williams Shooters supply. Hopefully tomorrow evening I will be picking it up from my ffl dealer.
    I just saw the 3&3/4" version on Gunbroker a couple days ago. I may need to get one also. But , I'm really excited to get the 5&1/2".
    You are being watched.

Boolit Grand Master

I may have to roll coins til Christmas or beyond, but maybe I can scrape up enough to get my name on a layaway plan by then at least.

Boolit Grand Master
    If they roll some Bisleys out in 4-5/8" in about any caliber, I'll buy them. Of course, if Ruger dropped the plow-handle grip entirely and went all-Bisley for their single-action line--I would be ecstatic.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Of course, if Ruger dropped the plow-handle grip entirely and went all-Bisley for their single-action line--I would be ecstatic.
    You would be ecstatic and Ruger could just discontinue the single actions...the Bisley grip is not close to being a favorite of single action shooters.

Boolit Grand Master
    My counter to your post would be that 'If Ruger offered the Bisley grip in a wider variety of calibers and barrel lengths, the option would be far more popular'. The grip frame, hammer, trigger, and stock set are the only differences between the two variants under discussion. It would be relatively easy for Ruger to assemble a percentage of their entire S/A product line with an option of Bisley equipment. I wouldn't mind a reasonable price bump for the upgrade.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Perma-Banned

My counter to your post would be that 'If Ruger offered the Bisley grip in a wider variety of calibers and barrel lengths, the option would be far more popular'. The grip frame, hammer, trigger, and stock set are the only differences between the two variants under discussion. It would be relatively easy for Ruger to assemble a percentage of their entire S/A product line with an option of Bisley equipment. I wouldn't mind a reasonable price bump for the upgrade.
    I am well aware of the differences...I have probably converted more to Bisley grips than you have ever seen...but...the fact remains...it is not even close to being as popular as the the plow handle grip.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the Williams version also in 5.5", got it about 3 years ago. Its my only single action revolver so far. Looking for a 41 hunter in the Bisley now.

Boolit Grand Master

I have the Accusport one too. But it's a NM Blackhawk. I want the SBH as well.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    I am well aware of the differences...I have probably converted more to Bisley grips than you have ever seen...but...the fact remains...it is not even close to being as popular as the the plow handle grip.
    This point OBVIOUSLY means a great deal more to you than it does to me. I like what I like, and won't apologize for having said it. The burning of heretics at the stake fell out of fashion a long time ago.

Perma-Banned

This point OBVIOUSLY means a great deal more to you than it does to me. I like what I like, and won't apologize for having said it. The burning of heretics at the stake fell out of fashion a long time ago.
    I like'em too...but they are not so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    Anybody got one of these babies yet? I do believe I'm going to have to own one.

Linkey to Lipseys

'Looks like they're retailing for around $670±

Any reports on them yet?
    I have one in 44 mag that I bought "used". One of the most fun guns I've ever shot and a real handful with full power 44 loads.

[QUOTE=2011redrider;4097371]I have the Williams version also in 5.5", got it about 3 years ago. Its my only single action revolver so far. Looking for a 41 hunter in the Bisley now.

[/QUOTE
    M

Have you noticed much difference in poi between the standard ACP 230 gr load and a heavy hard cast Colt load @ around 1200 fps. Heavy , as in , 300-340, 360 gr. ??
    You are being watched.

I made mine: er Terry Tussey cut the barrel and added the Weigand Front Sight and reblued the gun.

I installed the Bowen Rear Sight and the Free Spin Pawl. Shooting it tomorrow at Short Range Silhouette.

Randy

Attachment 200544
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 07-26-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

If the pic comes thru, this is my 5 1/2" with the ACP cylinder in.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170711_181759.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	199701[
    Last edited by Cold Trigger Finger; 07-15-2017 at 04:38 AM.
    You are being watched.

Banned

I'm with 9.3X62AL. Give me a bisley any day over a plow handle. Plow handles have nostalgia and that's about it. I don't need a cowboy hat or boots to hunt or shoot with and don't need cowboy grips either. I have a number of both but hands down prefer a bisley for any ruger. To each his own though.

Boolit Master
    Absolutely Bought mine from Doug guy new and he did his magic ,trigger /cylinders job so I can not comment on the factory work (he could) but it sure shoots . Took a couple of cylinders (I"m not that good ) but me and the neighbors managed to hit 200yard gongs pretty good ! I am happy especially pleased with Doug guys work and it is the best handling handgun I own ,so yup I like it /Ed

Vendor Sponsor

I have the Accusport one too. But it's a NM Blackhawk. I want the SBH as well.
    Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there zero differences in a NMBH Bisley and a SBH Bisley except for the roll marking on the left side of the frame? They both have the same grip, hammer, and trigger, and both have unfluted cylinders so... Same gun right?

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

if your talking accusport guns like beagles theres not a lick of difference other then ones a 44 and the other is a 45. Just bigger holes punched in them and a different roll mark.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast