Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lipseys 45 Colt/acp SBH Bisley 3.75"

Boolit Master
    I have owned several Ruger SA pistols over the years and still own four but I have never owned a Bisley model. I have been told by friends who have them that the Bisley is better for shooting with the arm extended but not while shooting from the hip. Colt designed the Bisley for target shooting. There was a slight difference in the Colt frames between the two models. I don't know if that is true of the Ruger. I remember in the 1960's the plow handle Colt brought a lot more money than the Bisley. I like them both. If anyone has a Ruger Bisley in 41 Mag they can't stand to look at, I promise I will give it a good home.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Banned

I have one one the way
    It is as beautiful as a gun can get in a picture
    Should have it next week

Boolit Buddy Cold Trigger Finger's Avatar
    If I have to shoot from the hip, I did something terribly wrong. I've had Lots of Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks. And was never satisfied with them. The Bisleys I've had were all just right except they were all blued and I lived in a salt water environment. They come out and for my hand well and I shoot them well. Only thing I need to do with mine is paint the front sight.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Master
    It seems I can't post a comment without someone jumping on it with both feet. I find it difficult to believe that anyone who has owned a single action did not try to keep a can rolling while shooting from the hip. While walking in the desert while a pair of single actions I took many such shots from the hip, just for the fun of it. I don't remember many shots I took that involved a life or death situation, in fact I don't remember a single one. Jeez.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    if your talking accusport guns like beagles theres not a lick of difference other then ones a 44 and the other is a 45. Just bigger holes punched in them and a different roll mark.
    Thanks for that clarification. 'Another thing learned for me!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    It seems I can't post a comment without someone jumping on it with both feet. I find it difficult to believe that anyone who has owned a single action did not try to keep a can rolling while shooting from the hip. While walking in the desert while a pair of single actions I took many such shots from the hip, just for the fun of it. I don't remember many shots I took that involved a life or death situation, in fact I don't remember a single one. Jeez.
    Not jumping on anyone. I've had to take quite a few shots where if the situation didn't change real quick I was gonna get bloody at best. I don't think I've shot from the hip since I sold my Super Singlle Six in 82. I was just put running my dogs along a gravel road where we always run our dogs. 4 new piles of grizzly poop on the road. A couple from today. If someone Masters hip shooting then that's AWESOME. I was never worth a hoot at it so I've never thot about doing it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170715_163138.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	199761
    You are being watched.

Boolit Grand Master

How do you know it's grizzly poop? Does it smell like pepper spray and have little bells in it?

I forget that most people that get these don't use/need them for the same things I do. No offense ment , in any way !!!!
    I Apologize if I offended anyone !!!
    If I didn't need all the snoose I can get out of a 45 Colt. I would have got the 357/9mm convertible. Even in a cowboy style.
    But, I might, so I did. So far the ACP cylinder is sure fun to play with.
    You are being watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    How do you know it's grizzly poop? Does it smell like pepper spray and have little bells in it?
    The size of the turds. And the tracks. And because a good size grizzly has been seen in the area.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Grand Master

I believe I would carry a SBH or two if we had grizzlies here.

Boolit Master
    How does the 45acp shoot in these guns. I know a lot of 45LC stuff likes the 454 size lead. Just wondering about accuracy and leading with the ACP. I.
    Just assuming that .454 wont work in aACP case.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine didn't come with an ACP cylinder, I bought it used on here. I'll have to wait til I can get the new SBH to help with that.

I'm not a good one to ask yet. But do far if hold it steady it hits where I'm aiming. With flat nose hardball factory ACP ammo. Haven't fired any 45 Colt in mine yet. I'm trying to hold off till I get casting. I've got my 480 SRH if I need horsepower. And I always pack my G20 loaded with 220 gr Cast, Buffalo Bore ammo.
    You are being watched.

The 3 3/4" version sure would be cute and handy !!
    You are being watched.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    How does the 45acp shoot in these guns. I know a lot of 45LC stuff likes the 454 size lead. Just wondering about accuracy and leading with the ACP. I.
    Just assuming that .454 wont work in aACP case.
    There is no need to use .454" in a Ruger SA. All their 45 barrels have been right at .451" for years and years its the one thing you CAN depend on Ruger for, at least in this caliber.

45 ACP is quite accurate because you get this elongated section of freebore in font of the rifling that when it is sized accordingly, serves to square the boolit up and align it on center before it gets to the forcing cone.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

Mine is in and realy like it. No .45 ACP yet.
    Need to send it out for tuning.
    If I can get it to shoot half as good as it looks then count me as a happy guy

Boolit Master
    I have the Lipsey's .44 sp, and it outperforms my .45 Colts. I really love it, as it seems to be just a poorman's Kieth #5, and we all know what that gun did for the sport.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my new keith #5  521-34887 .jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	200460
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

I'm quite smitten with my 5 1/2 " but would love a 3 3/4" . But want a couple 5 shot 480s a bit more.
    You are being watched.

Boolit Mold
    hi every body just ordered mine tonight its gonna be jail for 10 days + the two days to get here .this is a real "super" blackhawk yes? can shoot 45+p's yes? large frame , i bought the talo 357 vaquero birdshead 3 3/4 ,last month to go with my 357 rifle,this 45 will go with my 45-70 hunting need 300gr. buffalo bore rounds, don't want the bears taking my dinner "elk"

Yes, It's a Super Blawkhawk. Should be a great packin pistol !
    You are being watched.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast