MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satan, Evil Spirits, and Devils

Boolit Master

Satan, Evil Spirits, and Devils

In Luke 8:26-39 there is a story of Jesus dealings with these entities. Did these entities take people against their will, where they invited in, or where they disease states and not demons at all?
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 12-31-2019 at 10:57 PM. Reason: edited title only

You have opened a can of worms. As a former missionary to South America, I can tell you that demons do exist and can posses persons. How, why and under what circumstances is a subject of great debate and many opinions, some of which are contradictory.

The subject is found very interesting by many and they go to seed on the matter. In the end far more people are demon obsessed than there people who are demon possessed.

Further, the affiant sayeth not.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

When a nation abandons God it only leaves room for the Devil to enter and fill the void.
    I believe that most recent mass murder in Las Vegas is an example of how the Devil can use a person to do evil for him.
    Remember that our rights are God given and who but the Devil and his minions are all too willing to take them away from us.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Jesus spoke about demons, spoke to demons and they spoke to him. So unless he was putting on a show, demons are real.

The effect demons had on the individuals in the New Testament varied. The worst case being the man who lived among the tombs. He seemed as crazy as you can be. He also abused himself physically and attacked people who came to that area. He was very dangerous because of the demons.

I have heard more than one missionary talk about encountering demons in far away, underdeveloped countries. I have no reason not to believe them. But my measuring stick for the truth is the Bible, and like I said the Bible says demons are real.

There are some who like to attribute all kinds of human sins to the activity of evil spirits. For example: spirit of lust, spirit of anger, etc. This is incorrect. In general, human beings need no help in sinning.

All that being said, I am not one to say that there is a demon or angel behind every tree...but there probably is.

Boolit Grand Master

Two things to consider when discussing this topic:

1) The Catholic Church I think rightly divides the enemy into three parts; the World, the Flesh, and the Devil. If the World and the Flesh will do the job Satan doesn't have to.

2) We have no idea how many Angels God created, but we do know that only 1/3 of them fell. That means 2/3's of them are loyal and active.

Whenever anyone wants to talk about demons keep these two items in mind.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I agree with Char and Hickory.

They are tricky and cunning. In some cases I think there is some truth in the old saw "say its name 3 times and summon it to you".

My wife and I were watching a history channel show and a single name was named 3 times. For the next 2 days we both felt a "pressure" to speak that name aloud, and repeat it. My wife actually said it twice in my hearing.

In the end we went to a Methodist church that bears the same name as the church I was raised and confirmed in. Knelt and asked for help, explained the problem. Praised the Lord. Got up and walked out. (Old recipe for removing a curse, go back to the church you were raised in, ask the Lord for help and a blessing, always seemed to work for me)

That "pressure" or compulsion to say that name was gone like it had never existed.
    But for 2 days it was always at the back of our mind.

I make no claim to knowing all the answers.
    But I have seen and experienced many things in this journey.

My best advice, walk softly, stay strong in your faith, if you have problems turn to the Lord.

That means 2/3's of them are loyal and active.
    No, it means that two thirds did not fall for Satan's lies, and follow him. As always there are those who seek the middle ground neither for or against, luke warm, so to speak, the actual number of those who sided with GOD, and stay with GOD, as warriors is not the 2/3 remainder.

Look around you and see, where is the 2/3 majority?

Just food for thought.

There may have been a time when possession was a very real thing but I ain't buying it anymore.

The Morning Star has no need to engage in such activities anymore. The wicked hearts of men are more than capable of doing his work for him. He just sits back and laughs as men do his work for him.

I know what people believe and I know what the word says but personally [you heard me right, this is only my worthless opinion] Lucifer and his peons are as impotent as a 100 year old man with no prostate.
    "Hey Lucey, if you're so powerful and awesome, get out here and show your face and do something. ....but you won't because you're a worthless and weak coward with no power or authority."
    I'm more afraid of rogue clowns or antifa than I am the spineless, belly crawling father of lies.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

I met one once. It was in a woman my partner and I arrested. The hate and aggressiveness she (it) projected was so thick it was almost visible. I remembered something a minister had told me that he had said when he encountered one, "My Master is stronger than your master", and I said it. It was almost like putting the lid on a boiling tea pot. These are the kind of things most will not believe unless they experience it. I never saw such hatred from anyone's eyes.

Some years ago, I used to go into the worst parts of Portland, OR on Friday and Saturday nights and witness to folks on the streets. Crackheads, gang members, strippers, people going to clubs...wherever the Lord led me, I would go.

One night in particular, as soon as I parked, I could “feel” a difference in the air. I walked a little over a block, heading towards China Town, and encountered a very demon possessed man. Now, I’ve dealt with many people who were being used by the devil, but this one was being inhabited. I’ve nevr seen a human’s face twist and change like this person did, and I’ve never encountered so great a form of blaspemy. This man made no attempt to do anything but cuss me, cuss Jesus, and salivate all over himself. I’d love to sit here and say it didn’t rattle me, but it did. I told him (vet batum) “in the Name of Jesus, shut up”....and I kept walking.

So yes- it is a reality.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Banned
    Remember Jesus was tormented in the garden,

Google flakka and bath salts. See what that does to people. You'd swear it was a full bore, Hollywood style possession.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

The first question you must answer is: When you die is there a place you go? If you answer "No I am just dead and that is that." Then you do not believe in a God or Demons or Angels right?

If you answered the first question and you believe in an afterlife then ask yourself "Is there a God...? Was Jesus real?" The correct answer is obvious. If you believe in an afterlife then God, Jesus, Angels, Demons and Heaven are possible to exist in your mind and heart.

If you believe in those and you pray to God and ask forgiveness for your sins, express a believe in the Salvation provided by Jesus and ask God into your heart....then you are now a Christian. You will go to Heaven and you will have been saved. That is what being "Born Again" is. Nothing else.

Your place in Heaven does not depend on Good Works, Charity or any other man thought of deeds or restrictions.

Now in my 75th year of life I was lucky enough to have been saved in 1999 at the ripe age of 56. As my faith grew and I let God in on my decisions and prayed for his guidance my personality underwent a slow but dramatic change. Yes I remained self confident and assured in my dealings with people but now I am more tolerant, less judgemental and much more forgiving of things done against me. I believe in Demons and the Devil and his minons as I have seen them at work in the lives of others and also his attempts to dissuade me from walking with the Lord.

The more fervent my faith and my attempts to help others have resulted in his actions against me and my family again and again. Yes there are people who are demon possessed and we work and play with them every day. We do not recognize them usually but they make their presence known by their actions and words. The gossip monger who always finds a way to talk about the failings and misdeeds of others and cannot wait to tell you about it will also tell others things about you that you would not like revealed. Beware of friends who always seem to find the down side of something and make efforts to bring others down in your opinion are people to avoid. People who praise others and seem to find the good in people are much in demand but hard to find in our NEW WORLD ORDER.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Banned
    The closer you get to god and your faith the more the torment will be, Padre Pio is a very good example

Friends, do not associate demonic possession with bad conduct, evil intent and anti-god feelings. There are plenty of mean evil people in this world and most of them are not possessed. A possessed person has their human personality taken over. The demon just uses their body. Often the possessed person has a different voice, speaks languages the human host does not know. It is common for the demon to try and kill the human host.

True demonic possession is rare in the United States and other highly developed countries but far less rare in the 3rd. World. Why this is, I don't know, but it probably has to do with a level of belief in magic, sorcery, witchcraft and the like that invites these spirits to come and abide. It is a susceptibility.

It must be noted that Satan is a defeated enemy. The power of Christ in the Christian provides all the protection needed. Therefore the Christian need have no fear of Satan or any of his/her emissaries. Christians should avoid playing with magic, witchcraft and spiritism of all kinds. When folks start to look for power elsewhere than Christ, it weakens their faith and bad things can happen.

Being raised in the US, I poo-pawed the notion of demons and other such spooky stuff until one day in January of 1973 in Madras, India. I have witnessed the real deal in India and during my years in Ecuador. I will just say that I have no fear of Satan. He is pretty much toothless. Satan only has the power in our lives that we give to him/her. Standing alone he/she has no real power, just smoke and mirrors. He/she can do parlor tricks of sorts and suck people in when they become fascinated with this sort of stuff.

Since returning stateside in 1981, I have steadfastly refused to talk about the subject in any detail. I don't want to be the one that tells a story that causes persons to want more detail. This can lead to a fascination with Satan, which is not a good thing.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 10-07-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Jesus spoke about demons, spoke to demons and they spoke to him. So unless he was putting on a show, demons are real.

The effect demons had on the individuals in the New Testament varied. The worst case being the man who lived among the tombs. He seemed as crazy as you can be. He also abused himself physically and attacked people who came to that area. He was very dangerous because of the demons.

I have heard more than one missionary talk about encountering demons in far away, underdeveloped countries. I have no reason not to believe them. But my measuring stick for the truth is the Bible, and like I said the Bible says demons are real.

There are some who like to attribute all kinds of human sins to the activity of evil spirits. For example: spirit of lust, spirit of anger, etc. This is incorrect. In general, human beings need no help in sinning.

All that being said, I am not one to say that there is a demon or angel behind every tree...but there probably is.
    Agree......
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    When a nation abandons God it only leaves room for the Devil to enter and fill the void.
    I believe that most recent mass murder in Las Vegas is an example of how the Devil can use a person to do evil for him.
    Remember that our rights are God given and who but the Devil and his minions are all too willing to take them away from us.
    Absolutely.
    Gods judgement is upon the world now. His judgement is this: You don't Me or my word, and can do it yourself better??
    Go for it.

2nd Chronicles 7:14

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    You have opened a can of worms. As a former missionary to South America, I can tell you that demons do exist and can posses persons. How, why and under what circumstances is a subject of great debate and many opinions, some of which are contradictory.

The subject is found very interesting by many and they go to seed on the matter. In the end far more people are demon obsessed than there people who are demon possessed.
    Further, the affiant sayeth not.

I have heard this about South America, and the African continent by missionaries like yourself.
    They have seen possession, curses, hexes, etc.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Absolutely.
    Gods judgement is upon the world now. His judgement is this: You don't Me or my word, and can do it yourself better??
    Go for it.

2nd Chronicles 7:14

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

SHiloh
    It's good to see others who have a grasp on the world crises...

Regarding the 'evil ones', the human and not so human beings...well, they get their 'earthly power and fortune' from here...

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Our first protection against this, is this...in the preceding two verses...

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Satin ain't all that dangerous Thundar, sheets and pillow cases seldom ever posses one. . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast