RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: I really need to consolidate!

Boolit Master

I really need to consolidate!

I've got eight .38 wadcutter molds. I only have two .38/.357 handguns. I really need to sit down and decide which ones I really need to keep.

Actually I could and should do this with lots of my molds. I guess it's on the list for this week.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Grand Master

I need to do the same thing. I have a bunch of really nice molds and many shoot well but I've landed on some really nice ones that have been my go to for certain calibers and guns.

Boolit Master

I'm in the market for something heavy and gas checked in that same flavor....180 -200ish flat nosed,flys true as an arrow kills like lightning O and super accurate as well.if you have something like that drop me a line.

Banned
    I recently Finished cleaning and oiling (lanolin/alcohol spray lube) 104 molds I don’t use often.

Printed Labels (mailing labels) for all the molds

I put all the Lee molds in labeled Lee mold boxes (you can buy them from Lee if you didn’t save them) and put the boxes in a large plastic milk crate

Took the handles off the rest of the molds, wrapped them with Anox VCI corrosion inhibiting paper, labeled them and put them in 2 HF 20 Bin Medium Portable Parts Storage Cases 1 for black powder and 1 for smokeless powder.

I put all the handles in ammo boxes

Now they are well protected from the elements, compactly stored and easy to find/access.

The rest get a shot of lanolin until their next use

Eight .38 wadcutter molds??? if you think about it that's not really too many, you have the smooth face, a small center (like the Lee) a larger center like RCBS, then you have solid base , gas check, hollow base in 1, 2, 4, 6 and possibly 8 cavity molds in 75, 100, 148, 155, 160 Grains.

Boolit Master

I've got the Lyman and RCBS beer can molds, a 160 gr Lyman, H&G 50, RCBS 148, and three additional Lymans. Nothing light though, no gas check or hollow base.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    I'm in the market for something heavy and gas checked in that same flavor....180 -200ish flat nosed,flys true as an arrow kills like lightning O and super accurate as well.if you have something like that drop me a line.
    I'm working with the Lee 200gr for my Rossi Trapper 38/357 and so far has been showing promise. But can't confirm "kills like lightning" yet.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

I don't have as many molds as most of the Guys here do, even though I started casting as a kid in the late 60's. I've managed to keep it down to one or two per caliber. I just recently exceeded the capacity of a 50 caliber ammo can and bought one of the larger MTM Dry Boxes to use as storage. It's waterproof, has a tray in the top of it and has enough room for future acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    I'm working with the Lee 200gr for my Rossi Trapper 38/357 and so far has been showing promise. But can't confirm "kills like lightning" yet.
    Will That Lee 200 feed in a Rossi 92 in a .357 case?
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    Will That Lee 200 feed in a Rossi 92 in a .357 case?
    Yup that is exactly what it's going in
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master
    It seems to me that it is not that You have a superfluity of molds, but rather a deficiency of Guns. You need more 38s and 357's.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    It seems to me that it is not that You have a superfluity of molds, but rather a deficiency of Guns. You need more 38s and 357's.
    LIKE !
    But if you insist on getting rid of moulds , PM me for my address and I will give them a good home. They can come and live with mine and be a big happy family...I promise to take good care of them all.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"