Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?"

—Job 1:8

Whenever I read the book of Job, my first thought is, “Lord, if you ever happen to feel particularly proud of me, would you keep it to yourself? Don’t brag if Lucifer is around” (not that He would).

Job 1 shows us that the devil has access to the throne of God, even after the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. We also see that in spite of his power and wicked agenda, he must ask permission when it comes to the child of God because of a hedge of protection the Lord has placed around us.

Having said that, when your number is up, your number is up. We all have to die one day. No one has a guarantee of living to the age of 90 or 100, or even 50, 60, or 80. We don’t know when our time will come. Therefore, we want to always be ready to meet God and make every single day count. Don’t say you will get right with God in your old age. You might not have the luxury of old age. Serve Him now, whatever your age may be.

In the New Testament we read of Jesus saying to Peter, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail” (Luke 22:31–32).

This is a reminder that when the devil comes knocking at your door, it’s a good thing to say, “Lord, would You mind getting that?” We don’t want to answer, because we are no match for the devil. Though he is a powerful foe, he certainly is not as powerful as God. We don’t want to tangle with him. We want to stand behind God’s protection.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

The good news is.......

(Luke 10:18-20) "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. {19} Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. {20} Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."
    Last edited by claude; 07-27-2017 at 08:23 AM.