Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lyman 311410 in 300 Blackout

Boolit Man

Lyman 311410 in 300 Blackout

Has anyone used the Lyman 311410 bullet in their Blackout? I was hoping to use this as a supersonic round, but can't get it to work consistently. It hits the feed ramp and won't go into battery. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Boolit Master
    It hits the feed ramp and won't go into battery.

Why does it not go into battery? Bullet diameter too fat and it will not enter the chamber? Cartridge OAL too long so the lands meet the ogive on the bullet to prevent full chambering?
    Cartridge nose damaged when it hits the feed ramp and will not fit into the throat?
    Dusty

Boolit Bub
    I had two blackout AR SBR rifles. One had a chamber too tight to chamber any cast bullets regardless of COL, bullet profile etc. I finally sold that barrel as I couldn't find anyone with a chamber reamer locally. I now use only Leatherhead bullets for subs, and jacketed only for supers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    An ar15 I assume? Mine need so much length on them or they will not feed properly, then the profile of the bullets need to be right for the throat of the ar, so you can't just load any 30 cal bullet, esp a little one like that, and get it to work.

Boolit Buddy
    What caught my attention was the 311410 mould number and realize that there is such a thing. I have been using the Lyman 311041 FP173 grain cast bullet with great success a bump up in weight will give you a little more length to feed up your ramp....
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rda72927 View Post
    What caught my attention was the 311410 mould number and realize that there is such a thing. I have been using the Lyman 311041 FP173 grain cast bullet with great success a bump up in weight will give you a little more length to feed up your ramp....
    I can't get that one to feed, the FP is too wide and pushes the case up and stops and the feed ramps mangle it. One day maybe I will widen the ramps.

Boolit Man
    It appears to have some age, but throws nice looking bullets

QUOTE=rda72927;4104253]What caught my attention was the 311410 mould number and realize that there is such a thing. I have been using the Lyman 311041 FP173 grain cast bullet with great success a bump up in weight will give you a little more length to feed up your ramp....[/QUOTE]

Boolit Man
    Yes, that this what I am facing. I may put it on the back burner and re-engage in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    An ar15 I assume? Mine need so much length on them or they will not feed properly, then the profile of the bullets need to be right for the throat of the ar, so you can't just load any 30 cal bullet, esp a little one like that, and get it to work.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Ideal #311410 was/is a 130-grain plainbase, long ogival round nose, with one grease groove for the M1 Carbine.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    I can't get that one to feed, the FP is too wide and pushes the case up and stops and the feed ramps mangle it. One day maybe I will widen the ramps.
    We run the 311041 in two different AR's, but they look short but feed great. My load is 15gns of H110 with a COL 1.940. Again, looks short but feeds..
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Man
    Same for the Lyman

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    Ideal #311410 was/is a 130-grain plainbase, long ogival round nose, with one grease groove for the M1 Carbine.

Boolit Man
    I will try again when it cools off

Quote Originally Posted by rda72927 View Post
    We run the 311041 in two different AR's, but they look short but feed great. My load is 15gns of H110 with a COL 1.940. Again, looks short but feeds..