MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Chorizo

Boolit Man

Chorizo

Home made, that way it is not Mystery meat. 1 lbg extra lean ground beef. Mix in 1/3 cup of vinager. Add red chilli powder, i use about 6 table spoons. Then add at least 1 tablespoon of cumin. Mix well use rubber gloves or you will stain your hands. My little 6 year great niece loves it.
    Enjoy, i cook fried potatoes same time and mix them
    Good in a burrito, or on a plate.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'll try that. I hate the store bought stuff.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Sounds like it would be good using deer meat too!

And no salt!

Moderator Emeritus

Well commercial chili powder has salt unless you look for no salt versions. Might have to try this, the texture of store bought it disgusting to me, and it is all fat...

I do the same with bratwurst seasoning. Take a pound of ground meat(I like beef brats) and mix in your seasoning. Let it sit in the fridge 2-3 hours to over night then make patties or stuff in casings. Same for quick Italian sausage, pound of ground pork, mix in seasoning, make patties, use to make spaghetti sauce... I bought commercial fresh sausage seasonings and figured out how many teaspoons to a pound of ground meat and wrote it on the lid of the canning jars I store it in.

The Mexicans that live around here use beef tongue, it is really good.

Boolit Master
    I make my own "chili powder" and there is no salt in it.

Another way to make Chili is to use the dried peppers you like--heat up in a cast iron skillet until they soften then add a little water; blenderize or food-processor then into the pot after the onions, garlic and tomatoes.

You can find them in the grocery stores that sell "Hispanic Foods" in cello bags...Grandma always had large strings of dried peppers from her garden hanging in the kitchen and more in the cellar.

Boolit Man
    If you use the cheaper bright red chilli powder that is sold in a small bag it is better quality. It is almost sweet. I also ask the butcher to grind up a sirlion steak too with all the fat trimed off.

Boolit Man
    I forgot, add garlic powder to taste.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a coffee grinder dedicated for spices. Dried chipotles, arbole, Ancho, or combos of each, can be ground to a specific coarseness as your preference require.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Man
    I never thought about using a coffee grinder for spices. I have an old one too. Unless it went out with the last cleanup. Thanks

Boolit Man

Chorizo

Yes, the dried whole red chillis can be used to but thats a bunch more work.