RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Buffalo Ranch Wings

Moderator Emeritus

Buffalo Ranch Wings

The pot roast thread with ranch dressing mix reminded me of this recipe. Wash chicken wings and dry. Dip each wing in melted butter and place it on a baking sheet. When the wings are all on the baking sheet(use one with a rim!) sprinkle with ranch dressing mix then bake. That is the no heat version. For hot wings use 50/50 butter to Frank's Hot Sauce. Bake at 375 until tender.

Boolit Master
    Thanks!

Gonna give this a try, but I may use thighs or regular drums as the wings are just way too overpriced for me unless they are marked down.

Thanks again!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

If using thighs I would sprinkle with ranch then use a fork to pierce them and drive the seasoning down into the meat under the skin. Then sprinkle on more so you get a good bite of ranch each time. Might need to start at 350 then bump to 425 to crisp the skin(or might not, have to try it and see). I used to make this for New Years and they went fast. I buy ranch dressing mix in the big bulk shaker LOL

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the tips! I will keep them in mind.

Likely be a while til I try them though, unless on the grill. Too hot for turning on the oven over here in this part of the state.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Moderator Emeritus

I have grilled them indirect. If you can turn a burner or two off or pile all your charcoal to one side... direct heat will burn the sugars in the ranch mix. On a grill I have basted with more butter mixxed with a little more ranch mix, not enough to make the butter salty but to add flavor. Save extra ranch butter for the sweet corn!

And if you throw some wood chips on the coals(or in a foil packet on top of the burner flame bar) you can add a little smoke! I use my Traeger pellet pit to make them!
    Last edited by MaryB; 07-27-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Ok, subscribing to this one!