WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumble Lube tedium?

Tumble Lube tedium?

How many of you who tumble lube take and set all the bullets up on their bases to dry?

When you have 500 bullets that's darn boring.

Using White Lable 45/45/10.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I PC now but when tumble lubing I just dumped on the wax paper to dry, no need to set on base.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    I PC now but when tumble lubing I just dumped on the wax paper to dry, no need to set on base.
    Same with me. No notable difference.

Boolit Buddy
    Tumble and dump. No need to stand them up.

Same here, tumble lube and dump. I use a 24"x30" box made of 2"x4" and has 1/4" hardware cloth attached for a bottom. I might separate the big clumps of boolits that accumulate together.
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Master
    I've done it either way, but usually I'll take the time to stand em up while I'm waiting for them to dry. But I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to loading, and my boolits.

Typically while I'm tumble lubing that's my current focus, and not reloading so it doesn't really bother me to stand em all up.

Last time I did a batch of 500 though, I just let them lay on the wax paper in whatever orientation that they fell. I still wiped all the lube off the noses on all 500 after I was finished loading em all though.

500 is a lot of boolits to stand all up at once. 50-100 boolits isn't so bad, It's just a labor of love. It's much easier to count em too, when they're all stood up.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Master
    I don't bother to lube them until just soon enough for them to dry before loading-- and I load in batches of 50 most often, so I do like bullwolf (nice little rows on the waxed paper). Its a relaxing part of the process.
    Hick: Iron sights!

I tried that for a while. I even took a foam packing block and using a soldering iron made a bullet block that would hold the noses, leaving the butt's up in the air to dry smooth and clean.

But I found no noticeable difference between those and the ones I just spilled out into a cardboard flat. So I do it the easy way now. No real difference in drying time either. Although a small fan does help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwolf View Post
    I've done it either way, but usually I'll take the time to stand em up while I'm waiting for them to dry. But I'm a little bit OCD when it comes to loading, and my boolits.

Typically while I'm tumble lubing that's my current focus, and not reloading so it doesn't really bother me to stand em all up.

Last time I did a batch of 500 though, I just let them lay on the wax paper in whatever orientation that they fell. I still wiped all the lube off the noses on all 500 after I was finished loading em all though.

500 is a lot of boolits to stand all up at once. 50-100 boolits isn't so bad, It's just a labor of love. It's much easier to count em too, when they're all stood up.

- Bullwolf
    So am I but I did almost 1000 bullets, and standing all them up the first time. Even got the wife to help. (that won't happen again..).

But I'm not that OCD.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Same with me. No notable difference.
    Considering mine are all pistol plinking rounds I do not notice any appreciable difference. Shake ~100 at a time and dump on my wax sheet covered tray.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

This about a 1/3 of them

Boolit Master
    I stand them on end ,just do as I like to .otherwise they wouldn't all fit on he grease proof paper but I wear disposable gloves so I don't have to scrub my fingers for hours to get the lube off them.I'm ocd that way.

Moderator Emeritus

I stand them on end as I don't want any lube clumps on one side.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Some people are more interested in the process than the result.

I use only STRAIGHT LLA or BLL. I can do 1000 9 mms in about 6 to 7 minutes. 170gr 30s take about twice as long.

Obviously that doesn't include drying time.

PS: 45/45/10 was a nightmare. It was the cause of all the problems I had with LLA. As soon as I quit diluting it, all my problems went away.

BLL is the only diluted version I will use.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master
    Gawd No. Just dump them evenly on wax paper. I use 45-45-10.

Boolit Master
    I use strait liquid alox & dump them. When they are close to dry I coat them with mica powder.

Boolit Master

I've used both 45/45/10, and the BLL (#2 - the one with the Lundmark wax). I just dump them out on waxed paper. Then I turn on a small fan and direct the airflow right at the sheet.

Sometimes, if I'm bored, I'll stand them up on end, but I usually wait until they are almost dry. That way, I don't risk wiping the coating off an important surface.

Actually, I dump them out on the "paper" from the inside of a cereal box. When I finish my Cap'n Crunch, I pull the plastic-y wrapper out, clean it, and re-use it for all sorts of things. We use it to cover dishes in the microwave too.

Because, well, I'm frugal. Or cheap.

However you slice it, it's still salami.

Bzcraig
    ^^^What he said^^^
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies" Ron Paul

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by williamwaco View Post
    Some people are more interested in the process than the result.

I use only STRAIGHT LLA or BLL. I can do 1000 9 mms in about 6 to 7 minutes. 170gr 30s take about twice as long.

Obviously that doesn't include drying time.

PS: 45/45/10 was a nightmare. It was the cause of all the problems I had with LLA. As soon as I quit diluting it, all my problems went away.

BLL is the only diluted version I will use.
    Interested in knowing what nightmares that you encountered in hopes that I don't encounter same.

Boolit Buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast