Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You will soon be able to carry your Claymore in Texas

Naw, still on the Texas Gov. Back in the 70 they passed laws making taking a rifle to the range illegal. Meant to keep you from leaving your rifle in the window of the P.U. Mostly big city PD against anyone having a gun. Don't believe? Go check out the lobby effort by them on O.C. & no LTC.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    it's been over 150yrs, if you have stupid laws on your books still, that's on Texas, no one else!
    I'd bet that every state more than 150 years old has some stupid 150-year-old law on its books, somewhere.

Back in the 70's they passed laws making taking a rifle to the range illegal. Meant to keep you from leaving your rifle in the window of the P.U.
    An excellent example, though obviously not 150 years old. I think I was in high-school when that law got passed. I remember hearing of an incident on the Fort Worth traffic circle (in 1978 or thereabouts) of two good ol' boys getting intercepted, pulled from their vehicles and put on the ground by DPS, at the behest of Jimmy Carter's secret service team, because they had rifles on their gun-rack. Apparently, the Praetorian Guard viewed the pair (who were evidently oblivious to the proximity of Peanut-Boy's motorcade) as a clear and present threat to him, for their open and blatant display of firearms, which they (Praetorian Guard) believed was a violation of the law. According to the scuttle-butt I heard afterward, the Praetorian Guard were amazed that there was no law in Texas (not yet, anyway) preventing the good ol' boys from doing exactly what they were doing.

PERSONALLY, I see nothing wrong with a racked rifle in a pickup truck except that nowadays, that's just BEGGING for it to be stolen. I also surmise that, these days, it might fall under the "permitting access of firearms to a minor" law that was, I believe, enacted when that dried-up dipso Ann (Bouffant Betty) Richards was in office. Locked doors on the vehicle might be an affirmative defense, but I'm not at all certain of that.
    Last edited by Kosh75287; 09-09-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master

TX is even a new CCW permit state even freaking MA had CCW licenses TX did not. Now newly you can carry unconcealed wow NH has always been open carry and now it is also constitutional carry.

For what it is worth the Yankee stuff sucks TX is not that great IMHO and you will never have to worry about me even visiting.

In Remembrance
    This whizzing match reminds me of a time I was driving down 287 in the Bowie area. There was 2 yankee truckers hamming it up on the cb, apparently their first trip to Texas. After listening to how unimpressed they were with Texas for 20 or 30 miles, one finally said he would be embarrassed for anyone he knew to know he owned any part of this country. I had not said anything up to that point, but mentioned, I would sure hate for anyone to know that I owned those oil wells that were pumping for as far as the eye could see. One of them said, you do have a point, and there was no more said about Texas the rest of the way to FT Worth. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12