Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My 25ACP loading fun

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by psweigle View Post
    The barrel blanks are $200 correct? The firing pin hole needs re-cut, and a new one made from drill rod. I'm assuming most gunsmiths can do this. And a chamber reamer needs rented. You've had this done correct? What reamer do you recommend?
    The Lothar Walther Barrel Blank current Price is on their web site but I believe that is about right.

The firing Pin Might be large enough so it could be offset Drilled for a .078" Diameter Dowel Pin to use as a replacement tip positioned to fire a CF Primer.

That would save A lot of Machine time.
    Of course the Hole for the New tip would need To be drilled into the Breech Block at the Correct angle to match The original pin bore axis.

I have discovered that Standard SAAMI ".25ACP" chamber reamers are made with a TAPER to the Chamber body for ease of function in a Semi-Auto Pistol. This Allows the Fired Case to "Bulge" if the Chamber is more to the 'Large End' of the SAAMI Tolerances.
    Not Good For Reloading Life of the case.

I have Ordered a Custom, Straight Cylindrical Body Chamber reamer at .2795" Body diameter for .25ACP from JGS Precision Machine of Coos Bay, OR; to see if that will correct this problem. you might give Grant Gulseth at JGS a Call (541-267-4331) a call to see if he could make a similar Reamer for you at the same time. The JGS Drawing is "job_407237-25_ACP_WS.pdf".

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 08-13-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I would like to buy four to five inches of a Walther barrel from either of you gentlemen.

Cat
    I have the Remainder of my Barrel Blank i was saving for a second Custom Barrel.
    I believe it is about 12 inches Long (from memory or about Half the original Blank Length.

How would Half the LW list price (currently $208.00), plus shipping charge sound?

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master

I don't find your price unreasonable, but's that quite a bit more barrel than I need. However, I may have to go with it. Would you be interested in cutting off four inches for say, $50? You would then have eight inches left and still could use it for another project?

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    I don't find your price unreasonable, but's that quite a bit more barrel than I need. However, I may have to go with it. Would you be interested in cutting off four inches for say, $50? You would then have eight inches left and still could use it for another project?

Cat
    Catshooter,
    I measured the remainder and it is about 12-5/8" long. If I Part off about 4" that would leave me with enough for a 8" Barrel so I guess I will consider your counteroffer further.

To part off the Section I will need to use A Friends Special Effects Machine Shop to do the Work and will lightly Champfer the cut end(s) to remove any sharp Burrs prior to packaging for Shipment/Mailing. This will Need to be done on a Weekend, probably Sunday Afternoon due to my friends' Scheduling.

I will Ask him today if I can get the Shop time.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master

Talk about thread drift, from loading 25ACP to selling barrels, aint the internet great!
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

Thank you Chev. William! If you have no joy with your friend, I am capable of cutting off a piece. You could ship me the whole barrel and I could ship yours back to you. I can even do an 11 degree target crown on yours if you want.

And yes, Red, the internet is a wonderful thing!

Cat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    Talk about thread drift, from loading 25ACP to selling barrels, aint the internet great!
    Its Still All about .25ACP and Similar DIAMETER Cartridges!!!
    The Barrel is FOR 25ACP sized Bullets!
    And I hope Catshooter is going to use the Blank For Something .25ACP sized INTERESTING!

Laughing,
    Chev. William
    Not a "redneck' as I need to limit my Solar exposure due To medication Limitations.
    But A Disabled And Retired U.S. Navy Veteran with over 40 years honorable service.

Boolit Master
    I am tentatively scheduled into his shop for Thursday Morning as that is the first Free time he has on his schedule. My friend recently received his UNION Special Effects Coordinator Card and has been working steadily this year. he has been in the special Effects Business for over 45 years and worked up through the Union 'Qualifications Sequence after Moving into Los Angeles City and County. He formerly had an Effects Shop in Orange County.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    More Puttering:
    This Morning, while it was Cool in the Morning Overcast and Fog, I finished De-capping my last Batch of Once Fired 5.7x28mm Cases, found one with a Live Primer AND a Bullet Inside! Set it aside until i had completed the De-capping of the rest! Then used my Lee "Universal Expander Die to Over Expand the Neck far enough to let The Bullet drop out, it was a Jacketed Flat Base one that weighed about 30 Grains.
    This makes about 3000 Cases de-capped and of that about 700 that have been resized down and trimmed for my Experiments so far, with another 410 in the downsizing process.

I think Now I have almost A "Lifetime supply' for my experiments.

Most of the Current lot seem to be Date Coded as 2014 Manufacture FNB 'military' as they had Crimped in Primers.
    They Probably will reform And lengthen to about 1.230" Length and I will Trim Them as Needed for my experiments.

1.125" for .25ALS; 1.055" for .25 Magnum Auto; .960" For .25ALR as Needed or as they Neck split to extent The useful life. Annealing is NOT a Choice as these Are Polymer coated cases.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master

Chev,

I have a Beretta .25 auto that will put a mag into 2.5 to 3 inches at 25 yards. This is just with Privi ammo, I haven't loaded for it yet. I'd like to make a barrel long enough to put a silencer on as I think that'd be a hoot. And I'd like to see how well it shot with a match-grade barrel.

Cat

Boolit Master

Not calling any one out guys, just a poke at some fun. I have thought about a 25 ACP rifle just no money to play with on a project.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Master

I've wanted a .25 rifle for years!

Cat

Boolit Master
    Stevens Favorite (1915) or Model 44 with a Stevens .25 Stevens (Long) RF Barrel rebuilt into a CF Rifle will Digest .25ACP if Carefully Set up to Extract The Empty Reliably.
    Marlin Model 56, or 57, or 57M, or 62 "Levermatics" can be reconfigured To fire CF and re-barreled and chambered for .25ACP (use a Model 62 Bolt assembly reworked to fit The .25ACP case head).
    Winchester 1890, or 1906, or Model 62/62A can be Reworked to CF and Re-barreled to .25ACP (Use a .22WRF Magazine tubes and a reworked .22WRF Cartridge lifter).
    These are only Three examples of what can be done with a Used Rifle And patience on a Retired Social Security/Military disability pension.

Look around and Think What might work or What can be Modified inexpensively.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Last edited by Chev. William; 08-21-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    Stevens Favorite (1915) or Model 44 with a Stevens .25 Stevens (Long) RF Barrel rebuilt into a CF Rifle will Digest .25ACP if Carefully Set up to Extract The Empty Reliably.
    Marlin Model 56, or 57, or 57M, or 62 "Levermatics" can be reconfigured To fire CF and rebarreled and chambered fro .25ACP (use a Model 62 Bolt assembly reworked to fit The .25ACP case head).
    Winchester 1890, or 1906, or Model 62 can be Reworked to CF and Re-barreled to .25ACP (Use a .22WRF Magazine tubes and a reworked .22WRF Cartridge lifter).
    These are only Two examples of what can be done with a Used Rifle And patience on a Retired Social Security/Military disability pension.

Look around and Think What might work or What can be Modified inexpensively.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    Ain't this guy great! I love reading his posts about .25 auto and anything .32 caliber.

Boolit Master
    I've wanted a .25 rifle for years!

Cat
    Your 4-1/4 inch Section of Lothar Walther .25 Auto/6,35 Browning Cr-Mo Barrel Blank is Cut And ready for Shipment. it will go in a Small Priority Mail Box so The Shipping is basically fixed unless You want Insurance or Certified Mail Tracking.

I would Prefer a USPS Postal Money Order for $50 Plus Shipping/postage Fees.
    Please Make it out and send it to:
    William J. Stewart
    8376 De Garmo Avenue
    Sun Valley, California 91352-3568
    USA and Include Your Shipping Address with it so I can Address Your Package.
    I think I can Include Some samples of the Untrimmed Swaged down 5.7x28mm cases I have Prepared for my experiments also, as I don't think the Barrel section Exceeds the Weight limit.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William
    William J. Stewart ETC USN Retired
    NRA Life Member
    CRPA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Proud Member of The Trump "Deplorables" as labeled by HRC.
    Last edited by Chev. William; 08-18-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Boolit Master

William,

That is great news. How much for shipping? Seven dollars enough? I will mail it off to you tomorrow.

Thank you.

Cat

Boolit Master
    Yea, that is close Enough.
    Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master

So I told yall the Internet is great, now who is paying my commission.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    I AM A REDNECK!!!

Boolit Master
    Lol. What's a commission going for these days? How do you like that rcbs mold? I hated mine and sold it. Going to be saving up for an aluminum mold.

Boolit Master
    How About "A hearty Hand Shake"?
    Laughing!
    Chev. William

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast