Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best lube that will actually stay in the lube grooves?

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    in a keith style 44 mag boolit, will white labels carnauba red stay in the lube grooves, or fling out as fired? I just ordered my first pound of it, so I don't know how it acts yet...
    I mix BAC and Carn Red 50/50 and it was still in the grooves of a 290gr keith .44 when I pulled the bullets out of a stump. The BAC/CR mix is softer than 100% CR so I would say it will stay in the grooves too.

Banner Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    I cant wait to try carnauba red! I have been hearing about it for years, but I have a lyman 450 w/o a heater. but I just got a 4500 from swap and sell, and ordered a heating element off of amazon. I have heard that you adjust the temp on those by how much of the heater is pushed into the hole in the back of the sizer, does anyone know about where I should start for the car. red? maybe halfway in? I don't want to completely liquefy it and make a mess of it!
    The way that I run mine is plug the heater in and wait until the body of the luber is warm to the touch. Once the lube is flowing well, I unplug it and it should be good for 20 minutes or so. If it starts to get hard, just plug it back in for another 5 min or so...
    I hadn't heard about only having it pushed in part way, I'll have to try it. My luber is full of Carnauba Blue currently, so I'll have to wait on the red for a little while...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lar45 View Post
    The way that I run mine is plug the heater in and wait until the body of the luber is warm to the touch. Once the lube is flowing well, I unplug it and it should be good for 20 minutes or so. If it starts to get hard, just plug it back in for another 5 min or so...
    I hadn't heard about only having it pushed in part way, I'll have to try it. My luber is full of Carnauba Blue currently, so I'll have to wait on the red for a little while...
    I have been using Carnauba Blue lately. I first used it to pan lube but now I have an RCBS LAM full of Blue.

I really like it.

Steve in N CA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234