Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: did some 9mm using the tumbler

Banned

did some 9mm using the tumbler

been using my tumbler to coat pc bullets for a while. First with air soft bbs. then I found that #4 cast buckshot worked a bit better. Gets old picking the bullets out of the shot though so I tried just dumping the bullets in the tumbler with nothing but pc. Worked just as good as the other two methods. Don't know if the same would be if I was using a larger bullet though but the 9s turned out just fine and all I have to do is dump them on a screen to get the excess pc powder out and then dump them on the tray with non stick Reynolds wrap.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the info, Lloyd. I have a new small RCBS tumbler I thought about doing the same for. I have some HP .41 NOE bullets I cast for a friend of mine that need to be powder coated. How many did you put in and how long did you tumble?
    At one with the gun.

Banned
    You can put the boolits in Ziploc bags or #5 containers in the vibratory tumbler to help keep it clean. I've never used BB's in the tumbler
    Last edited by Grmps; 07-09-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Banned

I casted about 20lbs and did it in two batches. Half in the tumbler for about 20-30 minutes then did the other half while the first batch was cooking. If your doing hps you will need to experiment with how much pc you put in the tumbler. I dumped to much one time and some of the hp were plugged solid with pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Cassidy View Post
    Thanks for the info, Lloyd. I have a new small RCBS tumbler I thought about doing the same for. I have some HP .41 NOE bullets I cast for a friend of mine that need to be powder coated. How many did you put in and how long did you tumble?

Boolit Master

10-4, Lloyd. Gonna put it on the agenda this week to do them.
    At one with the gun.