RotoMetals2Graf & SonsLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
StainLess Steel MediaTitan ReloadingADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Picture Attachment Test

Boolit Master

Picture Attachment Test

Can we delete our own threads in the test area?
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 07-06-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the
    government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of
    stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...

Si vis pacem, para bellum -- If you want peace, prepare for war

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." -- Barry Goldwater

Tag Line

Boolit Master
    I don't know, but I'm going to hijack your thread to see if my image post using Google sites will work:

NRA Endowment Member

Just because a handful of people on the Internet share an opinion doesn't prove it is correct.

Boolit Master
    I can't see it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I can't see it.
    That's odd, because I can. What do you see?
    NRA Endowment Member

Just because a handful of people on the Internet share an opinion doesn't prove it is correct.

Boolit Master

I see it, but the URL that is being displayed is pretty long. It doesn't need to be like that. It can be a lot simpler. When I did it, the URL looks like this:

http://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959/misc-images/red-white.gif

Need some help arranging it that way?
    When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the
    government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." -- Barry Goldwater

Tag Line

Boolit Master
    No, thanks, I can get it to work both ways. The short URL is the one that is displayed when you post the image on a page. The crazy long one is what you get if you double click an image and it pops up on a separate tab/window. Either one takes you to the same place--I was curious to see if both worked.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    https://sites.google.com/site/elkins...8%20cavity.JPG is the address for my 8 cavity MP mold picture.

Here it is surrounded by IMG tags:

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

It's showing:

https://sites.google.com/site/elkinspix/_/rsrc/1499437694286/home/8%20cavity.JPG

Is the "1499437694286" something that you put there or Google Sites put there?

That's still a bit longer than what I'm getting.

http://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959/misc-images/red-white.gif

I tend to avoid putting spaces in file names so that I don't get those encoded filenames (with the percent signs) as a result.

Tag Line

Boolit Master
    I see the last two just fine. They both look the same. I'm on Tapatalk so not everything displays properly.

Boolit Master
    Funny, I looked at it on my iPad and I can't see the first one. I learned something new today.

Google added the extra digits, and you make a good point about not having spaces in file names.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Funny, I looked at it on my iPad and I can't see the first one. I learned something new today.

Google added the extra digits, and you make a good point about not having spaces in file names.
    Spaces in filenames / paths will bite you eventually. It makes it more difficult when you are passing the filenames as parameters into another program since the shell uses spaces as delimiters between arguments.

When you set up the "site", did you use the "classic" or "new" option? I've started writing up a HOWTO for those people wanting to move off of Photo Bucket and onto Google Sites for image storage and noticed the "new" option. I selected "classic" since that is probably what was in effect when I originally setup my site quite awhile ago.

Tag Line