Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todays wheel weight score

Quote Originally Posted by pjames32 View Post
    Update-the second bucket was from the truck tire shop. It was much better. It had about 80lbs in it and I culled out about 5lbs of zinc weights and no iron/steel weights. Truck weights do not seem to have made the big changeover yet and the weights are a LOT bigger.
    Someone gave me a nice box of truck weights, and I noticed the same thing. Lots of big fat lead weights, almost no steel or zinc.

Boolit Grand Master

Mac, you just have to keep looking and asking. Hit on the store where you buy your tires or get your vehicle serviced at. Consider transferring your business to the store that finally comes thru for you. When/if you finally score, take the guys a box of doughnuts or something. Small Mom and Pop stores are more likely to produce in my opinion than the big chain stores. Good Luck, and don't get too discouraged! Persistence and Networking will eventually pay off for you.

Oh Yeah, I Love those big truck weights! I wish I had kept one of the 14 or 16 oz ones I had just to show off!

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego View Post
    That somebody is probably MOA!

sorry, but who or what is moa?- men outta ammo? monkey or ape? majorly over analyzed? lol
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rebel View Post
    sorry, but who or what is moa?- men outta ammo? monkey or ape? majorly over analyzed? lol

Well folks............obviously we got a real shooter here. Shoe size IQ.

Boolit Master
    I am reduced to one old timer who gets me about 30-50 lbs of weights a year and what ever my shop generated. Where talking many months for 1/2 bucket.
    With less lead and over less weight coming off the tires these days it's slow collecting.
    The new machines have really reduced the amount of weight being installed.
    Our "new" machine no pushing 8 years old reduced on installed weight use in half. With good tires and rims we might put a total of 5-6oz on for 4 wheels vs the old machine it would be closer to 3oz per wheel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12