Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Denominational Issues

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Respectfully disagree with you, and agree with Hogtamer.
    Thank you

They have disagreed on this for 100s of years we are not going to fix it.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Transubstantiation is the word for the belief of Catholics and Episcopalians that the bread and cup of the Eucharist are transformed into the actual body and blood of Christ. Protestants belief that they are symbols as Christ taught in such a manner; "I am the bread of life." "I am the door" being a couple of examples. He often taught in parables, word pictures if you will that conveyed the essence of the Kingdom of God. Great reverence, humility and thanksgiving are the only response for a believer, whatever your faith dictates.
    Be careful on what you think you know

Lutherans are Protestants (in fact, the original Protestants); Lutheranism is a subcategory of Protestantism. There is no significant doctrinal difference that I'm aware of as a Lutheran from most mainline Protestant denominations, other than the emphasis on salvation by grace and not works.

Lutheranism traces its history all the way back to Martin Luther, the father of the Protestant Reformation. The beliefs of Lutheran Protestants stem from Martin Luther's rejection of central teaching of the Catholic Church

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Lutherans believe (or did when I was young) that it is the body and blood of Christ. Not that it was transformed by a priest.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Wow, dont we have a Christian attitude with the wrong facts

I am a Protestant and was not taught it was a symbol. You have distorted Christ own word boys.
    If you believe in the virgin birth
    Christ rose from the dead and all the Miracle

Then you deny Christ own words
    This is My body

in My blood, which is shed for you

I dont understand it totally, but I have faith and believe Christs own words
    When you finish throwing stones, you'll just have to forgive me of my lack of religious indoctrination, because I've forgiven you of false judgment on me. You put words in my mouth. Tamatoes or Tamatoes, it's all the same to me. When I take communion the bread I eat and the cup I drink IS His body and blood at least in my mind. There's even more to communion than that, it's intimacy with Him, partaking of the word, written and rhema, but there's no need for me to go into that with you.

Is it possible that religious indoctrination has stopped the ears and hardened the hearts of them that study it to a point they have missed the whole reason God gave His Son, intimate relationship. I think so, and it shows.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1johnlb View Post
    Is it possible that religious indoctrination has stopped the ears and hardened the hearts of them that study it to a point they have missed the whole reason God gave His Son, intimate relationship. I think so, and it shows.
    You keep throwing stones son- WHY

You have made 2 contradictory statements!

"He's wrong according to his statement, "not one passage says it's symbolic". He's wrong, unless your just trying to be funny, because it's actually 2 passages.

When I take communion the bread I eat and the cup I drink IS His body and blood at least in my mind. There's even more to communion than that, it's intimacy with Him, partaking of the word, written and rhema, but there's no need for me to go into that with you."

So which way do you believe?
    Last edited by DCP; 07-08-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

So here's a question. What exactly was the Last Supper? Was it just a meal that he happened to discuss some hidden never before revealed information? Or was it something much bigger? I'll let everyone think on it for a while and I'll be back.

Done with reminding myself how ignorant we all are and tired of tasting blood.
    Guess I'll stop biting my tongue and just think about how this part of castboolits shouldn't be turned into Gehenna Mk.II.

Bright spot of my week... unpacking a box I found my big old KJV companion study bible and the equally big Strong's Concordance (pre-Nelson thank you very much). And the Greene's Interlinear four volume set and the Englishman's Hebrew Concordance.
    I'm about like Jethro Bodine, "HOT DOG!" Already dove head first into a new study of the "third day" and three days.
    And to top it all off I got a little batch of .393 x .87 long hollow bases cast, 15 of them patched, they're drying and will be ready to size .399" diameter and try out in the .40 bore Great Plains Rifle. Trying to come up with a light weight low inertia boolit that will seal off the rifling with a light charge.

Sweet dreams. G'nite yall.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by xdmalder View Post
    So here's a question. What exactly was the Last Supper? Was it just a meal that he happened to discuss some hidden never before revealed information? Or was it something much bigger? I'll let everyone think on it for a while and I'll be back.
    I'm not sure, as I wasn't there!

If you were, then you tell us, otherwise it is just your words!

In other words, once again MANS words or your interpretation after many, many translations!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Wow, dont we have a Christian attitude with the wrong facts

I am a Protestant and was not taught it was a symbol. You have distorted Christ own word boys.
    If you believe in the virgin birth
    Christ rose from the dead and all the Miracle

Then you deny Christ own words
    This is My body

in My blood, which is shed for you

I dont understand it totally, but I have faith and believe Christs own words
    Correct, we don't get to pick & choose as to which one to believe, all or none!

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    I'm not sure, as I wasn't there!

If you were, then you tell us, otherwise it is just your words!

In other words, once again MANS words or your interpretation after many, many translations!
    Now there's some insight! You know this "Christian" thing didn't just spring up from nowhere. It has roots in Judism. You know because Jesus was a Jew.

Now there's some insight! You know this "Christian" thing didn't just spring up from nowhere. It has roots in Judism. You know because Jesus was a Jew.
    Well how bout that!

He was also the Son of God!

So does that make God a Jew?

So did he not have to follow the law just because he was the Son of God? And why are you preaching or trying to teach? I thought that was your priests job?

So did he not have to follow the law just because he was the Son of God? And why are you preaching or trying to teach? I thought that was your priests job?
    Me preach/teach? Heaven forbid, don't twist what I say into that. Just telling it as I see it, if you can't handle that, it's your problem, not mine.

BTW, yes my Priest teaches and does a very good job of it, you might try a Catholic service sometime, might open your eyes.

Me preach/teach? Heaven forbid, don't twist what I say into that. Just telling it as I see it, if you can't handle that, it's your problem, not mine.

BTW, yes my Priest teaches and does a very good job of it, you might try a Catholic service sometime, might open your eyes.
    I know exactly what the Catholic Church. Try reading "Fossilized Customs". Maybe you'll open yours.

Boolit Buddy

So how to you square it calling your priest father or the pope Holy Father when Jesus himself said...
    Matthew 23:9 KJV
    And call no man father upon the earth:for one is your father, which is in heaven

Boolit Master

Put me down as a guy who believes the bread and wine are symbolic (like a "door" or "vine"). Communion was meant as a memorial rather than taking an actual part of Christ into your body as least if you go by Jesus' words.

"Do this in remembrance of me."

I'm sure I changed no minds.

Boolit Master
    Who are these prophecies warning against?

1Ti 4:1-4
    The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
    Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
    They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.
    For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

I asked this back in post 50 and still haven't gotten an answer? What Christian religion forbids marriage, or what you eat?

Banned

ill give that a second amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    As I stated in Post # 2

"There is agreement on core issues of salvation as a general matter.
    The rest is not critical to salvation and is where battles are pitched"

Predestination, transubstantiation, tribulation and on and on.

The Apostles' Creed sums it up for me, and after that we can debate

Ecumenical version Edit

15th-century Flemish tapestry illustrating the first four articles of the Creed
    The English Language Liturgical Consultation (ELLC) is an international ecumenical group whose primary purpose is to provide ecumenically accepted texts for those who use English in their liturgy. In 1988 it produced a translation of the Apostles' Creed, distinguished among other things by its avoidance of the word "his" in relation to God. The text is as follows:[22]

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried;
    he descended to the dead.
    On the third day he rose again;
    he ascended into heaven,
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
    and he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting. Amen.

Banned

Who is lew White? Just a man that wrote a book to make some money. Why would I believe him over 2017 years of Christianity?
    I know exactly what the Catholic Church. Try reading "Fossilized Customs". Maybe you'll open yours.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast