RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Denominational Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Still haven't seen anyone prove the catholic faith wrong in that the bible tells us that communion IS taking the body and blood of Jesus Christ. Not one passage that says its symbolic. That train of thought came from man not Jesus.
    What are you trying to say, explain yourself, we can't read your mind.Your words are muffled to a point at least I can't understand what your trying to say. Personally I'm not here to prove anyone right or wrong but to share truth as written not as interpreted by sects.

Banned

ever wonder why preach and teach are close to the same word? because they are near the same word. do you not TEACH your children about GOD? Keep trying though its kind of entertaining.

1.Preach

prēch, v.i. to pronounce a public discourse on sacred subjects: to discourse earnestly: to give advice in an offensive or obtrusive manner.—v.t. to publish in religious discourses: to deliver, as a sermon: to teach publicly.—n. (coll.) a sermon.—ns. Preach′er, one who discourses publicly on religious matter: a minister or clergyman; Preach′ership.—v.i. Preach′ify, to preach tediously: to weary with lengthy advice.—ns. Preach′ing, the act of preaching: a public religious discourse: a sermon; Preach′ing-cross, a cross in an open place at which monks, &c., preached.—n.pl. Preach′ing-frī′ars, the Dominicans.—n. Preach′ment, a sermon, in contempt: a discourse affectedly solemn.—adj. Preach′y, given to tedious moralising.—Preach down, and up, to decry, or the opposite. [Fr. prêcher (It. predicare)—L. prædicāre, -ātum, to proclaim.]
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 07-08-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Some men look into the mirror, using the light. Some look in the mirror in the darkness, and some just look at self-portraits painted from the imagination of what they want to be instead of reality.

Banned

I'm not here saying the catholic way is the only way either. Just defending against blind unfounded predudices some have. Looks like you resort to personal attacks though. My words are not muffled. They are the truth. I cant make you open your eyes and see them though. I asked a simple question to the people here that say the Catholics have communion all wrong. Some of you like to quote the bible so I ask if you could even find a passage that you can twist as usual to prove me wrong. Show me one bible passage that says that when Jesus said that he did it symbolically. Are you saying that in that aspect the bible is wrong? It is man that made the determination in some faiths that it is symbolic, Jesus never said that. If you cant read and understand that then you might need some reading comprehension training. If you cant understand that simple question how can I take your comprehension of the bible seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1johnlb View Post
    What are you trying to say, explain yourself, we can't read your mind.Your words are muffled to a point at least I can't understand what your trying to say. Personally I'm not here to prove anyone right or wrong but to share truth as written not as interpreted by sects.

Banned

sounds just like one of the people who think they have it all figured out and MILLIONS of others are wrong. Must be nice to be so sure of yourself.
    Some men look into the mirror, using the light. Some look in the mirror in the darkness, and some just look at self-portraits painted from the imagination of what they want to be instead of reality.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    The problem as I see it you all are debating religion.
    Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with the living savior.
    Religion is man made, man interpreted and only defined by what you been taught.
    We should be more interested in how we can work together to spread Christianity not our denomination.
    We are called to make disciples of Jesus not our church. Just a thought to see if what you are discussing is doing this or has it become a defensive debate of your choice to worship the savior.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    We should be more interested in how we can work together to spread Christianity not our denomination.
    We are called to make disciples of Jesus not our church. Just a thought to see if what you are discussing is doing this or has it become a defensive debate of your choice to worship the savior.
    Amen!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    sounds just like one of the people who think they have it all figured out and MILLIONS of others are wrong. Must be nice to be so sure of yourself.
    This what I am sure of, you are doing the attacking. You actually compared Luther to a pedophile.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
    I asked a simple question to the people here that say the Catholics have communion all wrong. Some of you like to quote the bible so I ask if you could even find a passage that you can twist as usual to prove me wrong. Show me one bible passage that says that when Jesus said that he did it symbolically.
    You still only vaguely stated your stance on the matter. Personally I've never said anybody takes communion wrong. Communion is personal and if one decides to take it a certain way that's between him and the Lord. But the best I can make out of your statement is that communion is not symbolic our at least Jesus did not say symbolic in the word. Is that correct?

If that's it, OK, you asked for it, remember don't get mad at me, you asked for it.

Luke 22:19-20

19 And He took bread, gave thanks and brokeit, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

So, your saying the bread isn't a symbol of His body and the cup isn't a symbol of the New Covenant in His blood?

Boolit Master

You still only vaguely stated your stance on the matter. Personally I've never said anybody takes communion wrong. Communion is personal and if one decides to take it a certain way that's between him and the Lord. But the best I can make out of your statement is that communion is not symbolic our at least Jesus did not say symbolic in the word. Is that correct?

If that's it, OK, you asked for it, remember don't get mad at me, you asked for it.

19 And He took bread, gave thanks and brokeit, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

So, your saying the bread isn't a symbol of His body and the cup isn't a symbol of the New Covenant in His blood?
    Yes he is and he would be correct

This is My body
    in My blood, which is shed for you

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    Yes he is and he would be correct

This is My body
    Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
    t. Not one passage that says its symbolic.
    He's wrong according to his statement, "not one passage says it's symbolic". He's wrong, unless your just trying to be funny, because it's actually 2 passages.

Boolit Master

He's wrong according to his statement, "not one passage says it's symbolic". He's wrong, unless your just trying to be funny, because it's actually 2 passages.
    Where do you read its a Symbolic. These are Christ words.

This is My body

The new covenant is CHRISTIAN THEOLOGY
    the covenant between God and the followers of Jesus Christ.

https://www.gotquestions.org/new-covenant.html

He is correct!

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    I agree but working together to spread Christianity and spreading Christianity could easily be considered works.

Banned

No he said in plain words "THIS IS MY BODY DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME" He didn't say this represents my body. He didn't say its a cracker do it whenever the mood strikes. Its man who took the importance out of it. It was almost his dieing wish! It is MUCH more then a symbol!!

Boolit Master

Transubstantiation is the word for the belief of Catholics and Episcopalians that the bread and cup of the Eucharist are transformed into the actual body and blood of Christ. Protestants belief that they are symbols as Christ taught in such a manner; "I am the bread of life." "I am the door" being a couple of examples. He often taught in parables, word pictures if you will that conveyed the essence of the Kingdom of God. Great reverence, humility and thanksgiving are the only response for a believer, whatever your faith dictates.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Banned

As I stated in Post # 2

"There is agreement on core issues of salvation as a general matter.
    The rest is not critical to salvation and is where battles are pitched"

Predestination, transubstantiation, tribulation and on and on.

The Apostles' Creed sums it up for me, and after that we can debate

Ecumenical version Edit

15th-century Flemish tapestry illustrating the first four articles of the Creed
    The English Language Liturgical Consultation (ELLC) is an international ecumenical group whose primary purpose is to provide ecumenically accepted texts for those who use English in their liturgy. In 1988 it produced a translation of the Apostles' Creed, distinguished among other things by its avoidance of the word "his" in relation to God. The text is as follows:[22]

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried;
    he descended to the dead.
    On the third day he rose again;
    he ascended into heaven,
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
    and he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting. Amen.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    As I stated in Post # 2

"There is agreement on core issues of salvation as a general matter.
    The rest is not critical to salvation and is where battles are pitched"

Predestination, transubstantiation, tribulation and on and on.

The Apostles' Creed sums it up for me, and after that we can debate

Ecumenical version Edit

15th-century Flemish tapestry illustrating the first four articles of the Creed
    The English Language Liturgical Consultation (ELLC) is an international ecumenical group whose primary purpose is to provide ecumenically accepted texts for those who use English in their liturgy. In 1988 it produced a translation of the Apostles' Creed, distinguished among other things by its avoidance of the word "his" in relation to God. The text is as follows:[22]

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
    creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified, died, and was buried;
    he descended to the dead.
    On the third day he rose again;
    he ascended into heaven,
    he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
    and he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and the life everlasting. Amen.
    Amen!

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Transubstantiation is the word for the belief of Catholics and Episcopalians that the bread and cup of the Eucharist are transformed into the actual body and blood of Christ. Protestants belief that they are symbols as Christ taught in such a manner; "I am the bread of life." "I am the door" being a couple of examples. He often taught in parables, word pictures if you will that conveyed the essence of the Kingdom of God. Great reverence, humility and thanksgiving are the only response for a believer, whatever your faith dictates.
    Thanks Hogtamer. Talk about straining a gnat but swallowing a camel

Boolit Master

Thanks Hogtamer. Talk about straining a gnat but swallowing a camel
    Wow, dont we have a Christian attitude with the wrong facts

I am a Protestant and was not taught it was a symbol. You have distorted Christ own word boys.
    If you believe in the virgin birth
    Christ rose from the dead and all the Miracle

Then you deny Christ own words
    This is My body

I dont understand it totally, but I have faith and believe Christs own words

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned

Respectfully disagree with you, and agree with Hogtamer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast