Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randy Rat Powder Review

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I've emailed Randy and never gotten a response. I'd like to get some of the clear or the silver.
    When did you email me? I may have dumped it along with other emails by accident. PM here is really the way to go as it don't get mixed in with my other 10,000,000 emails. There are days I go off grid, just to keep sanity.

I have run into something regarding this powder. I have already coated thousands of 9mm, 45acp, 300blk, and 50 Beowulf with Randy's Dark metal. This powder works great. Just yesterday I threw a batch of 50 Beowulf into my tub, did the usual shake shake shake...shake shake shake...shake your booty...sorry, couldn't resist. Not one bullet was coated. The difference was that I had put these bullets on the oven and they were warm to hot. I took the bullets out...let them cool down in the shade a while, and then tried again using the same tub and powder. Boom...worked great. I usually coat in the evening when it is cool. This particular day was at noon in the hot of the day. I'm guessing this powder likes cooler, less humid conditions.

Frosted Boolits

I currently do the asbb tumble method and pick them out with tweezers and put them on trays to bake. You guys are tumbling these and then baking them all clumped together in a basket (with a quick shake at the 7 minute mark)?? If so, this would save me SOOOO much time LOL.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Banned
    ICH, not all powders require the use of BB's. The fastest way to remove BB's is to dump the BB's, powder and coated boolits in a colander with holes big enough for the BB's to fall through, shake the collander to remove all the BB's and excess powder. Dump boolits onto a baking screen,shake to even out boolits, bake accordeing to instructions. You''l find that few to no bollits will stick to eachother or the screen. Don't take my word for it , try it.

Boolit Buddy
    Same way I do it. Had to drill out the 88 cent colander (Walmart)so the bb's would drop thru. Usually have 8-10 bullets stuck to the mesh basket. May try the shake method at halfway and see if they all fall off when done. This is the best powder I have found.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12